TMNT - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

TMNT Reviews

October 7, 2016
Best TMNT movie ever can't wait for the new TMNT from Michael Bay.The first three not a fan of those but now this one is the BEST YET,It was hilarious fun Just like my favorite
Turtle Michaelangelo.
September 28, 2016
As the first CGI animated TMNT movie this wasn't half bad. I enjoyed how it took a different turn on the storyline, i wasn't to happy with the fact that it was missing out on Shredder but Winter played a very knowledgeable villian with his immortality
July 27, 2016
I found it entertaining. Certainly better than the Michael Bay produced monstrosity.
½ June 29, 2016
I had very high hopes that the turtles would be brought back all-barrels blazing. I was extremely dissappointed with this movie. This movie lacked story and the humor that made the turtles awesome in the first film. The CGI is good with great fight scenes but the story is lame like an extended episode of a Saturday morning cartoon. I'm still pissed about it.
½ June 8, 2016
TMNT doesn't offer enough of some of its little powerful moments and good animation, to forgive its massively cliched story and generic plot.
June 3, 2016
Being a big fan of the Cartoons I felt kind of let down with this whole animation movie and the voice cast, The story wasn't great too but it was nice to see them make a comeback but that's about all I could take away from this movie.
½ May 31, 2016
you people are sooo annoying, I loved it! the movie wasnt the best movie on earth but was good enough and I am a hardcore tmnt fan??
½ May 21, 2016
IT was a very good movie, different from the previous one and from the cartoon, but with more complex adult themes.
May 5, 2016
awesome movie absolutely loved it
May 5, 2016
Didn't like it, but I didn't hate it
½ April 12, 2016
Hideous looking animation, but that isn't the only problem. The plot is terrible, and these don't feel like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles of old. (First and only viewing - Spring 2007 in theaters)
½ January 26, 2016
Good animation, but weak story
January 6, 2016
The plot is terrible, the graphics are awesome but the new generation turtles are missing that lovable funny charm they had in the original live action ones. I really love tmnt and I'd hope they would stick to the original characters just a little bit more.
½ January 3, 2016
La versión animada por computador de "Las Tortugas Ninja" funciona como una cuarta parte de las anteriores entregas cinematográficas de acción real. Aquí, las tortugas se encuentran separadas luego de la muerte de Shredder, pero se reúnen nuevamente para combatir 13 monstruos que andan libres por las calles de Nueva York y un grupo de guerreros de piedra, resucitados por un industrial millonario con un pasado misterioso. La animación es decente y algunas secuencias de acción están bien logradas, pero los personajes no están bien construidos y la historia se torna aburrida rápidamente.
December 15, 2015
Tan mala que tuve que dejar de verla en la mitad. Tal vez funcione para un niño que no sepa nada de TMNT...
½ December 11, 2015
The first fully CGI animated movie for the Turtles after three live action films. I think officially this is suppose to be set after the original film but could easily be a stand alone chapter in the Turtles universe. This whole production is completely different from the previous films, obviously a whole new approach but voice work is all new too, no one from the older films makes a return here.

In all honesty this movie is somewhat lacking and merely comes across as a Saturday cartoon series that has been stuck together. It never really feels like a proper movie and the lame plot doesn't really help. Its all to do with trying to conquer the world with monsters from another dimension by a group of elite warriors from 3000 years prior that had been turned to stone. Their immortal leader wants to stop them and break the curse that makes him and his warriors immortal. On and along the way the Foot Clan join forces with the Turtles.

It all kicks off well enough, the initial sequence of all four Turtles bounding across the rooftops at night is excellent and really gets you in the mood for some Turtle goodness. That is the kind of visual sequence which wets your appetite for this classic franchise and they captured it perfectly but briefly. The Turtles look agile, firm and well rounded (a good weight to them), they do also have a slight darkness to them, they haven't been totally watered down. Myself I would have preferred them to be much meaner looking but we all knew that wasn't gonna happen.

The only thing I noticed was the shape of the Turtles heads seemed a bit squashed. This made their upper lip/snout stick out a bit too far if you ask me, gave their heads a motorcycle helmet type shape. The other thing I didn't like was the guy voicing Leo, hated that voice, just sounds like some pretty boy pop idol voice, there's nothing quirky about it, no character.

Another problem I have is the fact the Turtles look good but everybody else doesn't. All the human characters just look like cartoons, the old Saturday morning cartoon issue again. Splinter looks reasonable but maybe too weak looking? none of the other characters really seem to have the right weight to them like the four main stars, this shatters the grown up approach to the film, any sense of graphic novel realism.

The same can be said for the CGI in general, backgrounds, cityscape's, vehicles, buildings minute the movie looks quite dark and brooding, touching on that graphic novel style we all wanna see. The next minute it looks like a damn cartoon! its as though the animators have been reined in, stopped from getting too carried away with creating an adult Turtles film which they know we all really wanna see lets be honest.

Add to that the plot feels more like something that would suit Hellboy rather than the Turtles. The flashback sequence explaining the ancient warriors is a great little moment but it just doesn't fit this franchise if you ask me. The monsters also look like creations from a Hellboy movie, nice designs I might add. This is the problem for the Turtles franchise, you can't have them constantly fighting Shredder yet they don't really have anyone else to battle who is popular or well known.

The best part of the film is easily the sequence where Leo fights Raph on the rooftops in the rain. This one sequence shows exactly what can be achieved and what everybody wanted to see, more grit. Not only did this sequence look awesome but it gave us a hint of proper characterization, something to get your teeth into, had it been aimed toward adults it would have been even better. There comes a time when you know the Turtles need to swear...and it would be bitchin'.

Looking back at this its disappointing, its not like I didn't expect it to be for kids, saw it coming a mile away, but its still such a shame. This movie clearly shows us glimpses of how cool a dark adult animated Turtles flick could be, the evidence is there to be seen, if only they could be true to a franchise.
December 7, 2015
Had a fun time watching this movie.
November 4, 2015
this one isnt a masterpiece but still a one time watch
October 19, 2015
I can only use the word "awesome" to describe this tubular movie with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Review by Logan Cornn.