TMNT - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

TMNT Reviews

March 30, 2017
very under rated. This movie is very entertaining.
March 6, 2017
Sad how bad these are getting
February 3, 2017
For some time I've had people tell me I should see this film. It's certainly better than the Michael Bay ones but that is so not saying much! I didn't even bother with Out of the Shadows. Anyway about THIS film. It's ok, probably will never watch it again but for what it was it was fine. The problem is this is such a MAJOR miscalculation for how to restart a franchise. This story would be fine for an episode arc of one of the series's but for a first film it's a terrible way to get into this world. But wait it's a sequel to the original live action films except so many things don't add up but yet there are so many repeated lines and objects from the original films. I mean since all the big name actors were playing the side characters why not use the original voice actors from the other films? This movie has quite the identity problem. I get wanting to use someone else besides Shredder for the badguys but the TMNT have such a huge rogues gallery, much of which hadn't been seen in a film at this point so why create these boring monsters and cursed stone samurai? Couldn't really get into it myself but it is a well-made film and I get why some like it. Again I'd rather watch this a million times over before seeing the boring ass reboot.
January 10, 2017
I loved it. Every bit. The action, the story (which, miraculously doesn't involve rescuing April), the Villains and the splendid Voice casting. It's a great TMNT movie.
½ January 7, 2017
While it's a simple and entertaining TMNT animation, its lackluster story and portrayal of the turtles is simply not up to par.

The stars have aligned in an ominous sign, and as a legion of malevolent monsters descends upon New York City to wage war against humanity, the only thing that stands between humankind and certain destruction are four wisecracking turtles with a flair for martial arts and a hearty appetite for pizza. A mortal man whose hunger for profit and power may spell doom for all humanity.

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise is one of my favorites. Not because the movies are quality by any means, but because I have a special place in my heart for the turtles. They're some of my favorite characters, despite what we've seen on screen. Here, they're okay, and they replicate the personalities of the turtles we love somewhat, but it's ultimately not the best adaptation.

The animation in this movie was good. There were some things such as the color grading, which I didn't really like. For example, the beginning scene showing the history of the villains was very bland and boring. That's just a small part because overall, the visuals were nice and the animation was solid. It's not the best you'll ever see but it's certainly not the worst.

The voice acting was okay. I certainly prefer the voice actors of the current, live action films, as they often give the character a more distinct personality. Here, they kind of all feel like the same characters, despite some attempts to differentiate them. The voice acting overall was fine and the cast was good.

I didn't like the look of the turtles and it felt like their personalities weren't enhanced with this film. Each turtle is skinny, small, and similar. None of them have differential features that make them stand out. Example, in the new films, Raphael is this massive tank, while Michelangelo is the smaller, undersized goofball. Here, none of them stood out to me.

The narrative wasn't very strong and there was a lack of originality. The plot is interesting enough and it has its entertaining moments, but the dialogue is pretty weak and it feels like the story moves along very quickly.

In the end, I see this being a fun and enjoyable movie for kids. Kids will have a ton of fun with this movie and I understand that. If you want anything deeper I don't think you'll enjoy this film very much. I personally found some entertainment to be had, but it certainly isn't the most quality production.
October 7, 2016
Best TMNT movie ever can't wait for the new TMNT from Michael Bay.The first three not a fan of those but now this one is the BEST YET,It was hilarious fun Just like my favorite
Turtle Michaelangelo.
September 28, 2016
As the first CGI animated TMNT movie this wasn't half bad. I enjoyed how it took a different turn on the storyline, i wasn't to happy with the fact that it was missing out on Shredder but Winter played a very knowledgeable villian with his immortality
July 27, 2016
***
I found it entertaining. Certainly better than the Michael Bay produced monstrosity.
½ June 29, 2016
I had very high hopes that the turtles would be brought back all-barrels blazing. I was extremely dissappointed with this movie. This movie lacked story and the humor that made the turtles awesome in the first film. The CGI is good with great fight scenes but the story is lame like an extended episode of a Saturday morning cartoon. I'm still pissed about it.
½ June 8, 2016
TMNT doesn't offer enough of some of its little powerful moments and good animation, to forgive its massively cliched story and generic plot.
jamrcla
June 3, 2016
Being a big fan of the Cartoons I felt kind of let down with this whole animation movie and the voice cast, The story wasn't great too but it was nice to see them make a comeback but that's about all I could take away from this movie.
½ May 31, 2016
you people are sooo annoying, I loved it! the movie wasnt the best movie on earth but was good enough and I am a hardcore tmnt fan??
½ May 21, 2016
IT was a very good movie, different from the previous one and from the cartoon, but with more complex adult themes.
May 5, 2016
awesome movie absolutely loved it
May 5, 2016
Didn't like it, but I didn't hate it
½ April 12, 2016
Hideous looking animation, but that isn't the only problem. The plot is terrible, and these don't feel like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles of old. (First and only viewing - Spring 2007 in theaters)
½ January 26, 2016
Good animation, but weak story
January 6, 2016
The plot is terrible, the graphics are awesome but the new generation turtles are missing that lovable funny charm they had in the original live action ones. I really love tmnt and I'd hope they would stick to the original characters just a little bit more.
½ January 3, 2016
La versión animada por computador de "Las Tortugas Ninja" funciona como una cuarta parte de las anteriores entregas cinematográficas de acción real. Aquí, las tortugas se encuentran separadas luego de la muerte de Shredder, pero se reúnen nuevamente para combatir 13 monstruos que andan libres por las calles de Nueva York y un grupo de guerreros de piedra, resucitados por un industrial millonario con un pasado misterioso. La animación es decente y algunas secuencias de acción están bien logradas, pero los personajes no están bien construidos y la historia se torna aburrida rápidamente.