Tommy Boy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tommy Boy Reviews

½ May 1, 2017
A classic comedy that I really enjoy. Chris Farley and David Spade are very funny together. (First viewing - Late teen years)
April 16, 2017
Deserves better than what it gets.
½ April 15, 2017
waste of my money waste of my time.
½ March 29, 2017
An ordinary comedy with a silly premise that would goof around till it improves once the complicating action kicks in and the real laughter, at a decent rate, begins with an amusing dynamic of Chris Farley and David Spade. (B)

(Full review TBD)
March 28, 2017
This is a classic potato chip movie. Potato chips aren't particularly sophisticated or good for you, but sometimes, you just want some potato chips.
½ March 18, 2017
Silly comedy finds a slacker trying to save his father's company. Even the description above calls it lowbrow, as it was a very silly comedy with the occasional good slapstick gag. I liked Black Sheep more.
March 13, 2017
How did this become a pseudo-classic? The only good part is the 30-second musical duet with Farley and Dennehy.
March 2, 2017
2/28/2017: I love this movie! It's one of my all time favorite comedies. Farley was one of the best at physical humor and is still sorely missed.
January 28, 2017
I love Chris Farley and David Spade together. Definitely a classic!
January 19, 2017
in the "if I haven't seen it by now why bother" category
November 2, 2016
This comedy classic is criminally underrated. How it has a rotten score baffles me. RIP comedy legend Chris Farley
September 30, 2016
Planes, Trains & Automobiles for the next generation
August 23, 2016
had a great time watching this hilarious movie!
July 15, 2016
I am a Chris Farley fan from Saturday Night Live so I thought it is about time to give this movie a shot. Holy crap! What a piece of s***. Not even worth watching at all.
July 10, 2016
Honestly, one of the most quotable films I've seen. The scenes involving Chris Farley just doing a monologue is the stuff of legend when it comes to slap stick comedy. The plot really takes a back seat to the scenes between Chris Farley and David Spade making the movie seem like a loosely connected series of SNL skits. For what the movie is, its hilarious just with the scenes where its just Spade and Farley doing a sales pitch.
½ May 23, 2016
Chris Farley it's pretty much the only good thing about this movie and saves it from becoming forgettable - Overrated in my opinion.
May 19, 2016
Profiting from the charm of the late Chris Farley and the chemistry between him and David Spade, Tommy Boy is a very enjoyable comedy that even manages to keep some heart to it.
March 28, 2016
So I watched I am Chris Farley and I heard this movie got bad reviews. I see that anybody can become a critic these days. This movies is the best comedy of all time. If you don't think it is the best it will still be one of your favorites. If you don't find it funny then you need to lighten up and enjoy life.
½ February 29, 2016
Tommy Boy is a great comedy that is the funniest that you can see from Chris Farley and David Spade. Chris Farley and David Spade are a great team and have funny chemistry together. The plot is predictable which is pretty usual for a comedy film. The characters are decent, and the soundtrack is good which was used as a comic device which got a laugh out of me. There's some good jokes in it, and it's interesting and funny to see how the characters do business. Tommy Boy doesn't really focus on the plot which was the weakest part of it, but it does focus on the humor which is effectively well done and honestly saved the film.
February 27, 2016
A riveting tale of American capitalism at its best, Tommy Boy pierces right to your soul with non-stop laughs, giggles, bouts of mania, and times of tear-jerking sadness.This is a good buddy comedy, its a feel-good movie, and it makes me wish Chris Farley were still here. David Spade's sarcasm played well off of Farley's character.They were a good duo.