Tommy Boy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tommy Boy Reviews

July 15, 2016
I am a Chris Farley fan from Saturday Night Live so I thought it is about time to give this movie a shot. Holy crap! What a piece of s***. Not even worth watching at all.
July 10, 2016
Honestly, one of the most quotable films I've seen. The scenes involving Chris Farley just doing a monologue is the stuff of legend when it comes to slap stick comedy. The plot really takes a back seat to the scenes between Chris Farley and David Spade making the movie seem like a loosely connected series of SNL skits. For what the movie is, its hilarious just with the scenes where its just Spade and Farley doing a sales pitch.
½ May 23, 2016
Chris Farley it's pretty much the only good thing about this movie and saves it from becoming forgettable - Overrated in my opinion.
May 19, 2016
Profiting from the charm of the late Chris Farley and the chemistry between him and David Spade, Tommy Boy is a very enjoyable comedy that even manages to keep some heart to it.
½ May 5, 2016
"Planes, Trains and Automobiles " style road trip comedy about a stoner rich kid who must save his dad's auto parts business by hitting the road and making new clients. Spade and Farley make a fine comedy team but the material they've been given isn't fresh, inventive or funny.
March 28, 2016
So I watched I am Chris Farley and I heard this movie got bad reviews. I see that anybody can become a critic these days. This movies is the best comedy of all time. If you don't think it is the best it will still be one of your favorites. If you don't find it funny then you need to lighten up and enjoy life.
½ February 29, 2016
Tommy Boy is a great comedy that is the funniest that you can see from Chris Farley and David Spade. Chris Farley and David Spade are a great team and have funny chemistry together. The plot is predictable which is pretty usual for a comedy film. The characters are decent, and the soundtrack is good which was used as a comic device which got a laugh out of me. There's some good jokes in it, and it's interesting and funny to see how the characters do business. Tommy Boy doesn't really focus on the plot which was the weakest part of it, but it does focus on the humor which is effectively well done and honestly saved the film.
February 27, 2016
A riveting tale of American capitalism at its best, Tommy Boy pierces right to your soul with non-stop laughs, giggles, bouts of mania, and times of tear-jerking sadness.This is a good buddy comedy, its a feel-good movie, and it makes me wish Chris Farley were still here. David Spade's sarcasm played well off of Farley's character.They were a good duo.
½ February 27, 2016
I have a fondness for Farley, which has grown over the years since he departed. Unfortunately this was a bit of a struggle to get through. Still, had some moments of Farley brilliance, but they were few and far between.
February 14, 2016
"Tommy Boy" is a classic and hilarious film starring two of comedies best duets ever: Chris Farley and David Spade. The jokes are frequent and it has a big heart, but the end of the day it is just another way for Chris Farley to charm the pants off you.
February 13, 2016
Very 90s, but still pretty funny in a stupid way.
February 12, 2016
Is this stupid? You bet! Did I laugh non-stop the whole way through? Absolutely.
½ February 5, 2016
Chris Farley kills it man, these critics are fools
February 2, 2016
Lol hilarious I love this movie
½ January 17, 2016
Yet another comedy that would have gotten a perfect score from me... If I'd seen it for the first time. Unfortunately, 'Tommy Boy' falls into the 'I've seen it too many times' pile and the jokes no longer hold up. That being said, If you see this film for the first time and you are looking for pure goofiness and slapstick, Tommy Boy is a great choice. Chris Farley has so much energy and is so likeable as the adorable idiot. It's the perfect movie to watch when you have a little bit of booze in your system.
January 5, 2016
While it's formula, it's formula that has a genius (Farley) who is at his best when paired with Spade.
January 4, 2016
One of Chris Farley best movies. funny!
January 3, 2016
Tommy Boy is a good silly/funny movie that reminds us how much Chris Farley's style is missed. There are a lot of crazy/funny moments in this movie but some of the jokes are not hilarious. At times it's hilarious and other times, you think "is that supposed to be funny?". It's a good watch if you like comedies but there are a lot of good comedies out there. 3/5 OR 6/10
December 27, 2015
All you can really say is "Fat guy in a little coat!"
½ December 18, 2015
The two leads provide good chemistry but the movie overall isn't actually that funny and too ridden with cliches to be too much more than your average dumb comedy.