Tower Heist - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tower Heist Reviews

½ October 13, 2017
Worth it for Eddie Murphy alone.
August 19, 2017
With the budget and thus the ensemble of actors this movie had, it seemed like the directors and writers got lost on the basics of storytelling: content, coherence, clarity, etc... The first half of the story is scattered and doesn't head anywhere; it's basically a trivial setup filled with daily routines at the Tower and some of the protagonist's escapades. The second half is, all in all, predictable, although the development of the heist itself is solid, and has some surprise, authenticity and thrill to it. Nevertheless, the movie should be evaluated in its entirety, which includes the unnecessary use of the "team member turns themselves against the group" cliché - twice(!) - needlessly halting the story once it gets into gear.
August 11, 2017
At this point, I have seen this movie so many times because of how much fun I have watching it. I feel there are many moments that kept me laughing and I have a blast watching it. The story is pretty unrealistic but I am able to look past it because it is a lot of fun. The cast delivers the dialogue and jokes well and I feel Eddie Murphy is the standout, which is somewhat of a rarity nowadays. It's a movie with a decently compelling heist and plenty of laughs along the way.
May 12, 2017
1936 Was 75 Years Old In 2011 And 1977 Was 34 Years Old In 2011 As Well.
April 16, 2017
Not very funny but a good robbery.
March 30, 2017
Great movie! Light hearted, funny, good cast. The right balance of everything.
½ March 18, 2017
Can I give it zero stars? How this even got 48% on rotten tomatoes is beyond me.
½ March 3, 2017
A response to the Bernie Madoffs of the world, with Eddie Murphy coming out of hiding as the stereotypical thief. Ben Stiller may be the true king of film comedy
½ January 10, 2017
Coming into this movie with low expectations I was pleasantly surprised at how entertaining it actually was. Preposterous on occasion but always a lot of fun. A cool movie.
½ January 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ November 30, 2016
Nothing new from Ben Stiller, and a very small role for Eddie Murphy however this is a decent watch with an interesting premise for a comedy. Its entertaining and quite funny too.
November 3, 2016
Capable if generic heist piece, showcasing the stars charisma more than anything else.
½ October 24, 2016
Extremely entertaining and very funny
October 20, 2016
Many of the jokes fall flat, but Tower Heist keeps you entertained nevertheless.
August 7, 2016
Great cast with a funny engaging plot. It reminds you that bad things can happen to the protagonist too.
August 1, 2016
Funny film, with decent acting.
½ July 26, 2016
was an ok movie, I wouldn't add it to my collectioin
½ July 26, 2016
yesssss a great movie!
½ July 25, 2016
A Good Spy Movie Mixed with Special Agents Make a good action film.
I had a good time watching tower heist.
This is the only good movie brett rather made and ben stiller eddie murphy and michael pena even tea leoni and Gabourey Sidibe are hilarious!

Score: 8/10
jamrcla
July 18, 2016
Really enjoyed it, Wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was, Eddie Murphy was brilliant but not as much comedy as I hoped but didn't matter much it was still a solid film with a good cast and a plot that usually does well.