Tropic Thunder - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tropic Thunder Reviews

½ January 14, 2017
1. Tom Cruise 2. RD Jr. 3. Ben Stiller. One of my fav. comedies. 9/10.
January 14, 2017
This film is entertaining and funny. I don't think this film will ever be a classic but I just give it the pass because I laughed enough and the acting was really good from Robert Downey Jr. Plus you get some good action scenes.
December 31, 2016
Oh, so you a cartographer now?!
½ December 26, 2016
It contains some humor, but mostly, Tropic Thunder thinks being offensive is the same as being funny, particularly when it comes to mocking the disabled.
December 24, 2016
Apart from the hilarious first scene and a few others that work very well, there is little else in this film other than stupid, offensive jokes mixed with a lot of tiresome big action scenes - which seem to be there only to entertain those unable to understand the obvious satire.
½ December 24, 2016
hilarious comedy that lampoons the war-movie, thanks to a substantial cast and amazing cameos
½ November 26, 2016
funny creative movie, lots of memorable scenes. it wasn't filled with laugh out loud parts but i was smiling for most of the movie. very very different than the usual comedies (2 viewings)
November 2, 2016
Definitely one of the best comedies I've seen this year. Awesome cast, who are all ridiculously funny. Robert Downey Jr. is especially hilarious, but it's all held together by the great performances of everyone here. Not the funniest movie ever, but one that I would recommend everyone gets out to see!
October 22, 2016
Absolutely hilarious satire.
October 6, 2016
Funny, original and a great cast.
September 22, 2016
"You m-m-m-mmm-m-make me happy".Loads of laughs in this and excellent comic turns from Downey Jnr and Tom Cruise. McConnaghey cracked me up aswell. "You make my pee-pee maker t-t-tingle".
September 21, 2016
So many classic moments and lines emerged from this movie!
½ September 20, 2016
Full of homages and hilarious satires to famous war movies, Tropic Thunder is an entertaining story of humourous consequences, featuring a stellar and memorable performance from Robert Downey Jr.
½ September 17, 2016
An incoherent mess of a movie.
September 10, 2016
Satirical, hilarious and full of meta humor arre the reasons why this is a great comedy movie.
September 5, 2016
One of the funniest films in recent memory featuring a scene stealing turn from Robert Downey Jr.
August 18, 2016
It would have been Five stars if there was a sequel been made.
½ August 13, 2016
it is funny, ironic, and enjoyable

It is a bit slow at the start but overall a good movie
August 11, 2016
They don't make movies this funny anymore
DrStrangeblog
July 30, 2016
"Everybody knows you never go full retard."

The more I see Ben Stiller, the more I realize he usually plays the same way in every comedy and there's definitely diminishing returns. Basically he's playing 'Zoolander: Soldier Of Fortune' which is how unbelievably dense this character is. If you want to see how you can vary your comedy persona, look no further than co-star Robert Downey Jr who is flat-out hilarious with every line he speaks as an Australian 5-time Oscar winner known for extreme method acting, in this case undergoing controversial pigment-alteration therapy so he could play a black soldier in a fact-based war movie! His performance alone makes this worth watching, because without him there's a steep decline. Jack Black is a funny guy, but he's not funny here. Danny McBride can be funny but he doesn't have a very big role (which in truth is the best way to use Danny McBride). Only Tom Cruise - yes, Tom Cruise! - approaches the same level of hilarity as a balding, heavyset , ill-tempered movie producer with incredibly hairy arms. The sharpest comedian of them all is Steve Coogan who exits early, but not before he gives the best fatal motivational speech since Samuel L Jackson in "Deep Blue Sea".