Tropic Thunder - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tropic Thunder Reviews

November 17, 2017
Really, really ridiculously stupid. Loved it.
November 9, 2017
Nevah go full retard
½ November 2, 2017
Tropic Thunder: Satisfying satire and deconstruction of the war genre in this smart, witty and irrelvent story.
October 29, 2017
Highly entertaining from its action and comedy.
½ October 25, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.5

Intensamente divertida, una magistral parodia a diversos géneros del cine e incluso al mismo negocio de Hollywood, así como la vida de los actores. Tropic Thunder se catapulta como una de las mejores películas de parodia.
October 21, 2017
Hilarious and ridiculous. Almost insane that Ben Stiller made it.
½ October 6, 2017
Interesting film that mixes genres successfully and showcases Stiller as a genuine director not just for comedy. The film maintains a frenetic pace for the first half but the jokes soon run dry as it moves to a rescue mission. I understand the films success but it isn't a classic or remembered as fondly as many other comedies. The film is well cast with some hilarious movie promos at the beginning, poking fun at the mega budgeted films of Hollywood. I liked the film and would recommend it but it's not a great film, not a cult film like Zoolander. Stiller should make more films as director as he clearly has an eye for the craft. 06-10-2017.
September 19, 2017
One of the best comedy done by Ben Stiller. Top performance of comedy by Robert Downey jr. Unforgottable moment. One of the top modern day satirical comedy movie
September 9, 2017
Tropic thunder is an amazing weird and dark comedy with a crazy and spectacular performance by Robert Downey Jr playing a black soldier giving him an Oscar nomination for best supporting actor! The rest of the cast is really funny and Jack Black is hilarious. Parts of the movie including the beginning were a little weird but most of it's good. Actors forced to become real life soldiers is really funny and is a great comedy!
½ August 31, 2017
Modern comedies are almost always a disaster for me. First of all, because they often rely on being gross or inappropriate, somehow thinking that always equates to laughs. Then the other problem I have is that so many of these modern comedies skip good writing, and simply hire a bunch of funny actors to improvise, expecting gold to come out of their minds on the spot. As a result, I don?t usually go out of my way to see anything labelled a comedy, and if I do I?m almost always disappointed. Now I had heard good things about Tropic Thunder, but always assumed it wasn?t my type of humor and just avoided it. However, when it showed up streaming on Netflix, I figured it couldn?t hurt to give it a shot since I?m already paying for that service.

Tropic Thunder is easily the most I have laughed at a film all year, maybe in a few years. From the first minute where they set up the characters by simply showing fake trailers for their past movies, I was already laughing out loud. Things just got better from there. Easily my favorite part of the film is Robert Downey, Jr. as the most extreme method actor of all time. There was so much comedy gold in that one role, and he was surrounded by a bunch of other great character actors as well. Ben Stiller might actually be the weakest of all the main cast, but I still enjoyed what he did here. So I?m having a great time with all this insane humor that is happening in the jungle, and then they cut back to Hollywood to see Matthew McConaughey and Tom Cruise who might be even funnier! That?s when I thought Tropic Thunder might just be the perfect comedy for me right now.

The story is some strange mix of Three Amigos and Platoon, and that was a brilliant idea. In fact, the strong premise is a big part of why the comedy works. The reality is a bit heightened, but there is a logic to the way things happen. It?s a wonderful script that would work without the jokes, which is the kind of foundation you need in order to build any good film. I could see where things were headed at the end because they made logical choices when creating the plot, but then they used some of the jokes to put a twist on what I expected, which made it even better. I was so impressed with how I went from my reluctance to see this movie all the way to wanting to own it as soon as possible. I highly recommend people give Tropic Thunder a chance if you haven?t seen it already.
August 26, 2017
"Tropic Thunder" has a few scenes that just might be some of the funniest moments I've ever seen in a movie. Those few moments alone make this movie well worth watching. It is a bitingly sharp satire and hilariously over the top action comedy. I enjoyed all of the performances in the movie and it consistently kept a smile on my face. I felt in some of the middle sections, the movie wasn't as funny or fast paced as it usually is for most of it, and that is my only real complaint. Nonetheless, I found both the first and final act to be full of laughs and entertaining moments. The strong performances and good writing make it a truly great and smart comedy.
August 14, 2017
Tropical Thunder is a hilarious movie, especially to watch with your friends. The acting and writing are on point for this one!
August 12, 2017
Probably my favorite Ben Stiller and Robert Downey Jr movie. The
August 3, 2017
How messed up is this movie? Yet it still manages to be brilliant. It's a very unusual comedy and I think the best bit is the first 10 minutes when it actually looks like a real war movie. But there are lots of good bits in this film, although the ending is a bit laboured. Robert Downey Junior and Jack Black are amazing, and Tom Cruise steals the show. Good film
½ July 28, 2017
Very strange movie but pretty damn good. At times I laughed at times I rolled my eyes. Acting was interesting as was the storyline. Not a bad Ben stiller movie. His recent stuff has gone the way of Adam Sandler.
½ July 18, 2017
Robert Downey Jr makes the film.
½ July 16, 2017
Waste of time and money.
July 13, 2017
I get the satire and its a great concept but it never really made me laugh. Still worth a watch if you like this generation of comedy actors but I am not as high on it as others.
July 11, 2017
Robert Downey Jr. steals the show. Funny, creative and entertaining.