Tropic Thunder - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tropic Thunder Reviews

April 25, 2017
This is a real guilty pleasure. The only other action comedies that meet these heights are Shane Black's kiss kiss bang bang and the nice guys. The movie is stupid, but that's what makes it succeed. I don't think I've laughed this hard and constantly since I watched Shane Black's films. The cast also makes it work, including Tom cruise's most daring performance since eyes wide shut. You won't recognize him though, so I'll just say he plays Les Grossman. This is definitely a must see movie, even if you don't like the cast. The only jack black movie I truly enjoyed was school of rock, but he's fantastic in this. Don't miss it!
April 14, 2017
Aside from one often-quoted line, this movie is a new low for Ben Stiller and Jack Black, who both have a horrible track record with movies and roles.
April 12, 2017
Great hilarious fun pop corn flick starring Ben Stiller and Robert Downey Jr. I had a blast with this movie, I like the atmosphere of that it feels like actors playing actors and the fourth wall break is just plain awesome. Ben stiller does a fantastic job and I was surprised that he directed this movie. This movie just had everything for a comedy, amazing actors and just a lot of heart and this movie executes all of it. Fun movie to watch if you want to watch a good comedy.
April 11, 2017
Saw this when it released... it was funny as heck. Satirical, sarcastic & right of the face Hollywood
April 10, 2017
a hilarious but uneven comedy
April 9, 2017
who knew Robert Downey Jr could be such a great black guy...
½ April 4, 2017
4.5/5. Equally hilarious and brilliant. Both Robert Downey Jr. and Tom Cruise are incredibly funny in this insane film.
April 1, 2017
Amazing. So hilarious. Weird, but hilarious. That scene with the little kid stabbing Ben Stiller did it for me.
March 24, 2017
an underrated masterpiece
March 14, 2017
A classic ish war comedy, enjoyable enough to watch, but could have been funnier. Taking from many movies like Platoon and other good Vietnam war flicks, this one just makes fun of them all, but not in a way that's too far. It is fun to watch, you get some good laughs, but some could be improved in some comedy aspects. The acting is typical with these actors, so just blah no depth. The characters are city boys in the movies just as they should be, and the action is confusing. I can't tell if they know they only have blanks or not through most of it, as they mostly just shoot in the air, but it's not meant to be realistic so hard to go off on that as well. The explosions and helicopter scenes did look good, enjoyed them, the classic Vietnam war scenes we all know and love. Overall it's a decent movie to watch if you like war flicks and can handle some comedy thrown in, but don't expect much for real action or good war movie moments.
March 11, 2017
This was an awesome movie.
March 1, 2017
One of the best Action Comedy movies I've ever watched. Can't believe people are giving this a low rating because of some of the jokes in the movie. NEVER GO FULL RETARD PEOPLE its just jokes. People are too sensitive nowadays.
February 27, 2017
If you haven't seen this or you have and didn't like it, then you've gone full retard.
February 12, 2017
A funny comedy that actually had some realistic feeling in it for example when there in the truck and the RPG hits the back and they the main character Ben stiller is in shock it shows some real effects and when it made fun of platoon I just laughed on the inside.
½ February 3, 2017
Boasting messy action sequences and a non-funny script, Tropic Thunder has nothing to offer other than its star studded cast being completely underestimated.
½ January 14, 2017
1. Tom Cruise 2. RD Jr. 3. Ben Stiller. One of my fav. comedies. 9/10.
January 14, 2017
This film is entertaining and funny. I don't think this film will ever be a classic but I just give it the pass because I laughed enough and the acting was really good from Robert Downey Jr. Plus you get some good action scenes.
December 31, 2016
Oh, so you a cartographer now?!
½ December 26, 2016
It contains some humor, but mostly, Tropic Thunder thinks being offensive is the same as being funny, particularly when it comes to mocking the disabled.
December 24, 2016
Apart from the hilarious first scene and a few others that work very well, there is little else in this film other than stupid, offensive jokes mixed with a lot of tiresome big action scenes - which seem to be there only to entertain those unable to understand the obvious satire.