Turner and Hooch - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Turner and Hooch Reviews

May 18, 2018
This is a guilty pleasure. It's pretty by-the-numbers plot and joke-wise but Tom Hanks really sells it. However it does take one turn at the climax that came out of nowhere and was pretty ballsy, so props (and +1 star) to them for that. Overall it's just a good time flick.
April 26, 2018
Nothing super fantastic but this film holds on its comedic value. Seems also good for an evening easy with the girlfriend. Tom Hanks definitely had the chops and shines even in this romance. Bravo!
January 13, 2018
Ok dog human buddy movie.
November 16, 2017
Great movie for kids. A great family movie. Top quality.
November 4, 2017
This isn't one of Tom Hanks' best movies, but I did enjoy parts of it. It is not always as funny as I would like, and Hooch is just straight up ugly as sin! Oh well, it is a guilty pleasure, but not one that I watch too often.
½ June 27, 2017
A simple movie put I love animal films like this. It was a lot of fun and I can sit and enjoy this film and not have to think about it too much.

8.6/10
½ May 23, 2017
Great fun as a family movie. Hanks is charming as always. Good comedy bits. Supporting cast works. Gotta love the dog.
March 20, 2017
Man's best friend -- a but-ugly slobbery dog
February 16, 2017
Completely underrated fun & heart.
December 26, 2016
A fun enough movie to warch with the family
½ November 19, 2016
Cute dog a day of course it is Tom Hanks. Kids and I enjoyed it!
October 15, 2016
Turner and Hooch is a simple film but Tom Hanks shines playing off the trouble of his unwanted new pet. The dog is lovable and gives Scott Turner a chance to loosen up his life as a result.
September 27, 2016
So funny. Love this movie.
½ September 6, 2016
This movie will make you smile at the very least.
August 29, 2016
I could watch anything with Tom Hanks even a movie as bad as Turner And Hooch.
August 7, 2016
A cop who is just a few days from transferring to a better job finds his plans interrupted when a local friend is murdered and the only witness is a sloppy bull mastiff named Hooch. The cop soon partners up with the dog to catch the criminals responsible for murdering the dog's owner in this typical eighties comedy that has a great premise but not much else going for it.
May 10, 2016
Fell in love with this ugly dog. I've probably watched this film 50 times.
March 5, 2016
I hadn't seen this in year and enjoyed revisiting it. I really like Tom Hanks in comedy mode from the 80's, I like almost all his comedies. This one has a fairly standard plot, but Hanks keeps it interesting enough. Worth a watch if in the mood for something light.
March 4, 2016
After milking as many possible scenes of Tom Hanks being frustrated with a slobbering dog, Turner & Hooch remembers it also wants to be a police thriller and veers into its hurried third act.
February 24, 2016
funny and an all right movie.