Uncle Buck - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Uncle Buck Reviews

July 5, 2016
It's cute and entertaining in the beginning but got boring from the middle. However, Uncle Buck himself is very devoted and cool!
½ July 4, 2016
uncle buck still makes me laugh
June 10, 2016
Though it's not John Hughes greatest, it's still a family classic that's hard not to love simply because of John Candy's portrayal of Uncle Buck and how the other characters respond or react to him.
May 14, 2016
I really love this movie. it's def on my top 10 list.
½ April 28, 2016
Weak script but cool Candy
April 24, 2016
My Favorite Movie, John Candy is the Best ever
March 9, 2016
Not John Candy's best role, but he still gives a good performance. Rest of the cast is good too
½ January 8, 2016
John candy never gets old.
½ October 29, 2015
Good ol' Uncle Buck!
October 21, 2015
As much as I dislike John Hughes for what he stands for, this film was quite something. I can understand why someone would want to make a TV show out of it, it sounds like a solid concept for an American TV show. It's a shame that it could only work on the silver screen. The story is surprisingly well-written, although I find it's very easy for one particular character to steal the show. In this case, John Candy's character is the highlight of the movie, and for all the right reasons. He may be irresponsible, and he may be a bit crass at times, but when he wants to be, he's a very entertaining character. This film would be incredibly bland and typical if the character it was named after weren't incredibly funny. The acting is also really good, with the main cast delivering some convincing performances from left and right, and the characters that matter are a joy to watch. The film's production values are also worth mentioning. Maybe it's just that I have a thing for the film's autumn aesthetic (apparently that's when the film was set), but I thought it looked really good, and the soundtrack was pretty good too. However, none of that should matter compared to whether it made me laugh, and thankfully, it did. Whatever my reasons, Uncle Buck is a movie that I consistently enjoy whenever I happen to watch it. If you haven't seen it before, I would personally recommend this film, even if its director was a bit of an overrated hack.
September 28, 2015
Feel good comedy finds slobby Uncle Buck Russell babysitting his nieces and nephew when a family emergency occurs. The movie has a few solid scenes, mostly with John Candy hamming it up in a great way. The way he reels in the children is especially great, when he's butting heads with his snotty teenage niece. Its nothing too memorable, but it does have its moments.
August 31, 2015
A great movie by John Hughes. John Candy was brilliant and is dearly missed.
August 30, 2015
One of the best classic comedy movies from the 80's. John candy is perfect and the movie is hilarious.
August 15, 2015
Truly a funny and worth-watching comedy.
August 6, 2015
still miss john candy!
½ June 30, 2015
Good John Candy Classic! Ages 11+
June 1, 2015
a wonderful movie starring john candy the man the myth the legend john delivers a fantastic performance a funny entertaining movie that's a lot of fun but also has a great message a movie that holds a place in my heart forever the acting and the performances are great. wonderful movie just wonderful nothing else I can say
May 27, 2015
This is a light-hearted comedy with a terrific job from John Candy! What's great about writer John Hughes is that he doesn't go to deep but makes likable characters and amusing stories I want to watch again and again.
May 26, 2015
Every1 luvs....Uncle Buck.
April 27, 2015
Funny comedy with the great John Candy! I love how he puts up with nobody's crap! I love Amy Madigan and of course, Laurie Metcalf! I wonder if the Federal Express (FedEx to those who are younger than 25) man ever came, and if he was cute! I'd say if you haven't seen it yet, please do so! You'll be glad you did!