Very Good Girls - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Very Good Girls Reviews

August 12, 2016
As far as coming of age movies go this could've been a lot better. And throughout the movie I kept feeling why isn't this movie better? The cast is great and the performances are decent but the movie gets boring without much going on. And it's a very forgettable a day later I can barely remember anything that happened in this film.
August 6, 2016
Lighthearted and sweet but flawed in so many ways. This drama stars two accomplished young actresses but fails to showcase their full potential.
½ July 14, 2016
good story of friendship & loyalty amongst the new generation & my 13500th review!
July 9, 2016
Fantastic acting across the board. Great Indy type film.
June 19, 2016
An enjoyable coming of age story, full of teenage drama. It's ambiguous in areas and lacks depth in certain aspects. However it's quirky nature makes it a pleasant watch.
½ April 24, 2016
Love triangle when the friendship is the only thing that's standing in between.

Is it about the good girls? Looks like that way until the summer break before these two friends get going for the freshman year college. So they decide to lose their virginity, but they both fall for a same boy. Their's long standing friendship will be tested, the remaining film tells who lose the bet and how.

Good cast, but the story was from the Lily's perspective that played by Dakota Fanning. The boy and Elizabeth Oslen were kind of in the support roles. A simple love triangle story, but the actings were good. 'Little Birds', 'Ginger & Rosa', 'Violet & Daisy', 'Ghost World', 'Thirteen' name it. This kind of two thick friends theme is quite popular, but mostly average ones like this.

Well, it was not one of those movies of the year that I was expecting, so enjoyed what it provided in a limited scale. A few times I was annoyed too, for the turns in the narration, but the way it ended compromised my overall thought. This is a decent coming-of-age movie, which is not worth to suggest anyone openly, but you can give it a try if you get a shot.

6 1/2/10
January 1, 2016
I thought it would be better.
½ December 29, 2015
"VERY GOOD GIRLS" is a great film for all girls to watch. It's about friendship, love and just fun to watch. I thought Dakota Fanning and Elizabeth Olsen were awesome together in this. Extremely underrated.
December 11, 2015
Very Good Girls is a movie about two best friends and their emotional relationship and what happens to there friendship when a guy comes between them.
It's basically a emo kid movie prior to leaving for college.
You have Dakota Fanning and Elizabeth Olsen as the two best friends. There acting capabilities were not stretched at all.
The movie is nothing that hasn't been seen before.
I would let this one go.
It is not suitable for the kiddies.
All in all a easy pay day for all involved other notable actors Demi Moore that plays a small role and Clark Greg from the Marvels Agent TV Series. This would be better in book form only.
December 5, 2015
Very small movie, but I liked it a lot.
½ November 2, 2015
a girly teeny bopper movie - was entertaining enough to play while i was coloring.
September 23, 2015
Dakota Fanning,Elizabeth Olsen,Demi Moore,Richard Dreyfuss,Ellen Barkin...
September 16, 2015
great soundtrack by jenny lewis <3
July 28, 2015
I can understand the other reviews but what were you expecting? It's light and cool and has a good soundtrack. That's all I was expecting and was delivered! Elizabeth and Dakota are adorable.
½ July 14, 2015
This is another case of good actors giving great performances in an otherwise poorly put together film. Got a little crowded with characters for such a short run-time.
July 1, 2015
Lovely performances from two talented actresses who did the best they could with what they had to work with - which unfortunately wasn't much. Foner's vision of a story about young women struggling with society's Virgin/Whore dichotomy while portaying strong female friendships is a good one, but sadly, that wasn't the movie I actually watched. It just fundamentally wasn't properly executed, and that is a problem inherent to the writing. I still don't know what was so great about the guy (I literally already forgot his name) that both girls would fall for him, much less to the point one would betray their close friend for him. We needed much more exposition, moments to connect with the characters and like them before seeing their mistakes and flaws. In short, the movie could have done with fewer sex scenes and a lot more character development. The project definitely had potential, but ultimately a disappointing end product.
June 30, 2015
very slow and the acting is blah
½ June 7, 2015
I liked this. Olsen has proved to be the strongest actress out of the Olsen clan, and Fanning is proving maybe she didn't fan out too early. The description says this is a movie about two girls who make a pact to lose their virginity before leaving for college. I didn't see that at all. It was two girls who fell for a guy. That they'd live in this day and age, dress like that and look like that and still be virgins at 18, well, now you see why we're dealing in fiction.

But it's a nice story about friendship, maybe betrayal. Another slow-rolling drama and I'm typically a sucker for those.
May 31, 2015
Very small movie, but I liked it a lot. It doesn't drag at all and Dakota Fanning and Elizabeth Olsen are convincing as best friends.
I'm surprised by the low ratings, but at the same time, I can see how it's not a story that would interest everyone.
It's pretty much a coming of age story about two young girls and some of the bad choices a young girl can make.
May 21, 2015
A very sweet and touching movie, I greatly enjoyed it! :) The two young actresses were amazing too! :) I've always loved Dakota Fanning and Elizabeth Olsen is so charming that just looking at her made me smile! :)