Warcraft - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Warcraft Reviews

April 25, 2017
Awash of colors, CGI, and familiar set pieces that can't compensate for poor acting.
½ April 25, 2017
Animation was great. Story line was okay. The actors horrible. I fell asleep half way through the movie.
April 25, 2017
Understand this is not WoW as we know it today, this is actually based off of Warcraft 1: Orcs vs Humans. Can't wait for for a sequel!
April 23, 2017
Great cast, but the worst movie ever ..... Couldn't even finish it.
½ April 23, 2017
An amazingly dull movie with pretty sights and cool settings. If you need a nap, you might find this film just the ticket.
½ April 23, 2017
It is a movie based on a video game and the story suffers because of that.
½ April 22, 2017
Found it to be dumb with poor acting.
April 21, 2017
Did a good job bringing the world of Warcraft to life but I couldn't have cared less for the story or the characters other than Durotan. I haven't played the games myself so I don't know how faithful it was to the lore so judging it as a film I think it failed at grabbing a new audience.
April 21, 2017
Never having played the game. I enjoyed this movie very much. Loved the action. Loved the cast. I liked the story.
April 20, 2017
Total disaster... Been waited a years for this movie, only to see it ruined... Blasphemy
½ April 20, 2017
A weak realization in cinematographic language of a fantastic story developed by Blizzard.
I rate the move as high as 4,5/5 and I can't put a better despite all my love of the story and Blizzard worlds.

The music is something Blizzard was always famous among gamers. And it is a well-deserved fame. Background music in World of Warcraft, Hearthstone or any other Blizzard product is just astounding.

As for the OST from the movie. Unfortunately, only a few seconds from the very first track by Ramin Djawadi deserves listening. Somehow, the composer achieved to make all other tracks completely trivial, you can hear them in any mediocre fantasy movie out there. It is a shame, as if you try to listen to any track from the recent Blizzard games or the World of Warcraft addons (such Warlords of Draenor or Legion) you will hear awesome, tragic, colorful and a profound piece of art.
Visual effects are breathtaking. The level of animating of orc characters are just over any expectations that you or anyone else may have. If the Cameron's Avatar was a step up, the Industrial Light & Magic delivers much more in the Warcraft.

And don't get me wrong there were huge sets, including a castle, a woodland glade and a battlefield with its own hillock.
Acting is on a high level too. However, the best performance was delivered by the guys who act as orcs, still, they were better in every aspect of the movie.
Elves were not so cool. Asian (?!) elves were even worse.

The plot suffered a lot from reworks and cutting. I understand that it needed to fit the big screen requirements, including timing. However, the whole result is just disturbing, the story jumps from one place to another, from one character to another, from one fight to another and then again. It just causes ?dizziness in the head of even experienced viewer.

I am glad that this movie was finally shot and showed on the big screen, as I love the story that is behind it. However, the film struggles to tell the deep and well-crafted story that is based on. A perfectly crafted world of war - world of Warcraft.
April 18, 2017
Such an amazing movie. Loved it, I hope theres more.
½ April 15, 2017
I've never played warcraft so I suppose I never stood a chance. The explanations for the technobabble contained more technobabble. I didn't understand much of what was going on.
April 14, 2017
will be edited later.... but in short... great movie for fans of the game series... guess what i am
April 14, 2017
Way to much heavy handed CGI animation really drags this movie down. It just sort of looked...strange. The live action actors are just so-so. I was never into the Warcraft video game, but I'm sure the fans of the genre will find it entertaining.
April 13, 2017
Not terrible, but far from good.Warcraft had great potential. I'm often left wondering how a studio can hand over $200 Million to an inexperienced director....
Anyway the effects are fine , the casting is hit and miss and unless you've grown up in this franchise you really have little idea what is actually going on.
April 12, 2017
Would recommend because it's fun and different (not another superhero movie). But it's unfortunate that it could not live up to the huge amount of potential it had. Bad casting and weak story creates broad valleys between peaks of action and fantasy.
April 11, 2017
A mi me gustó :-) me recuerda al señor de los anillos
½ April 9, 2017
Yes, I used to take vacations to play WoW. And it still only deserves one star, that how bad the movie is.
April 9, 2017
Nice big battle scenes...