The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep Reviews

July 5, 2016
Average, about the most honest thing you could say about this film, just another in a long list of, "Boy and his blank," stories. Whenever a lonely boy needs a friend, the cinema Gods will bestow upon him a special friend. Be it a dog, dragon, whale, or in this case the Loch Ness Monster.
Moving from plot point to plot point, the film just is. It goes through the motions of your typical "Boy and his....," story, but never tries anything new or subversive. Which, in a genre this played out, really needs to have happen or else, you leave feeling like I did. Fine that you saw it, but knowing that had I not seen it, I wouldn't have lost anything. Not a good way to stand out from the crowd, or to stand out at all actually.
½ May 31, 2016
I wanted to love this movie but it's just too long and the story was pretty standard.
January 25, 2016
Funny, and smart, Water Horse is a movie for the whole family to go see.
½ December 12, 2015
Really fun family movie with really good visual effects and a charming story.
½ November 7, 2015
all I can say is: great family entretainment
September 4, 2015
An idealistic enjoyable family movie.
September 1, 2015
Hmmm, maybe . . . I'm not too sure . . . .
August 24, 2015
Adored it. Entertaining for young and old and the landscapes were beautiful.
August 3, 2015
I think the movie was just too long...
June 10, 2015
Awesome movie. When I was younger I loved this movie. The animation on the loch Ness monster is awesome, it looks like Jurassic parks dinosaurs, it's that good. I like that the boy heroes up with the water house. When the monster was in the egg then it grew up and got bigger. I love this movie.
April 25, 2015
Parents should bring Younger Kids to watch movies like this. Family event.
½ April 22, 2015
Heartfelt and well acted, The water horse compensates it's occasional predictability with tenderness and brilliant special effects
April 18, 2015
73% on my Tomatometer.
½ March 26, 2015
Adopting a classic tales such a Loch Ness monster and reimagine it with E.T-ian style and Free Willy's ending, The Water Horse is imaginative, fun and heartwarming. It's not sinking on traditional style of it genre, live up the magical story.
½ March 12, 2015
Cute movie for kids :)
½ December 28, 2014
A great family movie about a little boy who finds an egg that creates the fable about the Lockness Monster. Great drama, great acting and wonderful CGI effects that you would think it was real. It was fun to watch and definitely a movie to rent at least once.
½ December 18, 2014
Very much made for children film ; with very good cinematography ....I think if you are looking for a fun and wholesome family film, Water Horse will be great.
December 14, 2014
A charming, wonderful family film about a boy's best friend who's a legend with no monstrous side. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
½ December 2, 2014
It's underrated, because it doesn't seem colorful enough for an average family. Which is very disappointing.
November 29, 2014
When I first watched it, I remember liking it and find it cute. When I watched it now, same opinion, but didn't find it that interesting. The effects are decent, the humor is funny, and the acting is not bad. The history about the Water Horse is interesting, but for everything else besides the last act, it's a bit bland. It's better than your average kids movie, and a bit darker in tone than the others. The relationship between a boy and the Water Horse is good and cute, and kids would find the Water Horse cute and a bit scary. If adults want to have a family time and picked this, The Water Horse is going to be a good time for the kids, and perhaps the adults too.