What Dreams May Come - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

What Dreams May Come Reviews

November 19, 2017
was the best work Robins Williams had done to that point outside of comedy
October 30, 2017
This movie was absolutely beautiful and I could feel the love and despair when times called for each. I love this movie!
October 8, 2017
10/7/2017 (2): A good, but very sad movie. Not a comedy! I enjoyed the unique ways some scenes were shot and the cast was very good.
October 6, 2017
Visualmente espetacular, conceitualmente interessante, e tematicamente ambicioso. Caso o roteiro fosse um pouco mais conciso e melhor estruturado, "Amor Além da Vida" teria tudo para ser uma obra prima.
August 28, 2017
I'm Going To Heaven The Good Place Where The Good People And Good Animals Go When Me And My Brother Jesse Krajci Die Not Hell The Bad Place Where The Bad People And Bad Animals Go.
July 4, 2017
Que hermosa, imaginativa y romántica película !
June 22, 2017
The movie was groundbreaking in what it did visually, that was enough to overcome what the plot and dialogue occasionally lacked.
May 23, 2017
One of the worst movies I've ever watched. Total downer that had no realistic storyline. I can't remember the last time I stopped watching a movie before it was finished.
April 14, 2017
Self indulgent tripe
April 4, 2017
This film is a straightforward exposé of the paradise as imagined by popes, and the writer of the book. It is over the top but soo beautiful. The story is a bit lacking and some bits are ridiculous, like how the doctor was killed. Most stories of the tv show Ghost Whisperer were much better and smart. Here I must say that Rolling Stone was so wrong to call it the worse tv show just because the main actress is not their preconceived idea of a gifted regarding ghosts.
½ February 22, 2017
Surreal visuals and Robin Williams cant make up for the stagnant story.
½ February 11, 2017
Remarkably charming and beautiful movie. Special effects are indeed incredible and riveting, no surprise it took Oscar for special effects. Of course it's overly sentimental and at times mushy but sometimes this is exactly what you need in a film. The cast is solid.
December 28, 2016
I dont generally like cliche soulmate type movies, but this one was good. Many aspects can be discussed... Lifes twists can beat us down to very dark places, recognizing what you have in front of you (Gooding's character), the depths to which we will go to for those we love, faith, thinking outside the box and the overall creativity of the film.

The depictions of heaven can be a bit tidious, but the same cannot be said for hell, which I thought Sciorra and Williams absolutely nailed. Sciorra's life in this film, if you are one that can empathize witn movie characters, was brutal. Williams' character tries to overcome her endless despair. The ending is a slight twist, but a good one.

Cant quite put the words into play as to what it is lacking... I can say that the second half of the movie was much more thought provoking for me. So I give it a 4/5.
½ October 16, 2016
What Dreams May Come is a visually gorgeous tear-jerker with a bit of wonky writting and a decent performance from the leads. Definitely worth a watch ... with tissues.
October 5, 2016
This wasn't bad, even though the acting can be too over the top at times. And what kind of an angel would say to you, "Give up!?" Is he daring you to sock him in the face!?
August 26, 2016
One of my personal favorites, the story is what makes this a great movie.
April 3, 2016
As someone that doesnt believe in Heaven, I still love this movie. It sucks you in and takes you away to another world. You will cry.
March 14, 2016
Lots of script/performance issues, but very nice to look at.
½ February 16, 2016
Robin Williams was an incredible actor and does what he does best. This film is insanely beautiful visually and has an amazing story to tell about love. It's a bit strange watching this movie including suicide after the events of Robins own untimely death. I highly recommend this film to anyone looking for a good tear jerker.