What Women Want - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

What Women Want Reviews

½ May 25, 2017
If you want a no brainer, with music from the Frank Sinatra Time- and an idea.....of an advertising guy who can hear what women are thinking...............watch it, your brain will relax.
April 3, 2017
Mel completely charming, as expected. The dance scene was terrific. They could have given Helen Hunt a little more.
March 9, 2017
I love this movie! Mel Gibson is always great!
February 26, 2017
2/26/2017: A pretty decent rom com type movie.
November 27, 2016
If for nothing else I LOVE the soundtrack and Mel Gibson (in this)! Should be on Blu-ray!
November 26, 2016
A very interesting movie to watch. I love to watch it again.
November 18, 2016
While it is occasionally uneven and isn't exactly an Oscar-worthy film, the chemistry between Mel Gibson and Helen Hunt, the story that's both humourous and heartwarming, a reasonably worthwhile premise and the sure-handed direction of Nancy Meyers elevate What Women Want beyond some of the romantic-comedy cliches the film may have.
October 27, 2016
Oh 2000. Everyone still adored Mel Gibson. People still smoked in movies. Helen Hunt was still sultry.
October 2, 2016
Very enjoyable.

A guy looses a promotion to a new hire but soon finds that he can read women's minds.
½ October 1, 2016
This film is an entertainment in its pure form, why should it necessarily be bad? The movie is fun to watch with beatuful performers.
September 27, 2016
Wonderful movie, about man's man who due to accident can hear women's thoughts. Well acted, funny and romantic. A good moral heart to the story.
September 26, 2016
Gibson is as great as the premise, which is explored to often amusing results. I liked it for what it was.
September 16, 2016
I love this movie!!! Mel Gibson at his best as a sexy male chauvinist pig. Lovable yet despicable. Is it Braveheart worthy. Um no. Different genre people. It's a COMEDY. WITH HEART. Helen Hunt is likable and beautiful as Mel's boss whom can't hide her every thought. As every woman. Imagine a man who can read your thoughts. Could be good. Could be bad. Movie shows both sides. But Mel becomes a better man. Simple easy entertainment. Nothing heavy. No tears. Just fun to watch.
½ September 15, 2016
Entertaining at times I guess
½ September 2, 2016
Ihan hauska hömppäleffa! :-* (Suom. Mitä nainen haluaa)
August 2, 2016
Funny and irresistibly charming, What Women Want is another example of director Nancy Meyers' entertaining and touching direction and delivers a solid comedic performance from Mel Gibson.
½ May 26, 2016
78%
Saw this on 26/5/16
A role tailor made for Mel Gibson and the actor slips into the role with ease, but the script does not do him any justice by constantly being weighed down by its formula. However, the movie is still not bad, its just that the formula means that they just have to end the fun after some time and resort to melodrama.
May 9, 2016
Nick, a chauvinistic executive gains the ability to hear what women think.

As the line above suggests, it's about a man named Nick who's gone through life thinking he's God's gift to women, only to find that he's anything but. The reality check changes him, probably for the better, at least that's what the movie would want you to believe right?

It's a good film and there's plenty of things to like about it. It's not one I'll want to fire up every weekend but for casual viewing it does just fine. As a film released right around the time that advertising was changing precisely as depicted, it seems very timely.
April 1, 2016
I actually thought this movie was quite funny but it does start to get a bit much towards the end. Probably would have been better if it was shorter.