What Women Want - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

What Women Want Reviews

½ September 21, 2017
It's an underrated film that people must watch a second time to realize it's funny, clever, and interesting. Gibson and Hunt play their parts well and the question of how a man (Girls too) with the powers to read the opposite sex would feel and use them. At times it can be slow with the romantic parts between the two, but the serious and comedical moments make it memorable. Overall,it's a well written romantic comedy that is enjoyable to watch.
½ August 14, 2017
A refreshingly funny comedy. Great acting and entertaining story
½ August 7, 2017
What Women Want is directed by Nancy Meyers, and it stars Mel Gibson and Helen Hunt in a romantic fantasy comedy about an advertising executive that wants to be promoted, but instead his boss hire someone else to be in the higher ups and give support to the appeal to women, in which she gives every worker a box filled with women materials to get into the psyche is what women want, and Nick Marshall (Mel Gibson) try to do that, only to get electrocuted by accident, and have the power to read women's minds. I honestly tried to keep it on an open mind as I knew nothing about what the movie is about, only to the fact of who's in it, and who's it directed by, and as that experiment was done, I enjoyed this very much. Mel Gibson is really good at the comedic moments that I don't think I've seen much comedy films with him in it, and Helen Hunt is also pretty good too. The way that he got powers is really out there, but whatever, I accept it only for the fact that it uses most of the powers that I want in a film, and it can be downright hilarious to watch. The chemistry between Mel Gibson and Helen Hunt was really well done that I bought them working together until they start to have feelings for each other, like in every romantic film per se, which brings down to some of the negatives that I have with it. The plot is really generic to say at least, and when he does have the power, it wasn't quite explored more than I wanted of it, like I kind of wanted it to go to a bit extreme. Some of the actors were really quite useless and have nothing for them to stand out, other then to progress the plot just a little bit. The ending was a bit brief too as it just ended all of a sudden, but I do understand why they went with it. What Women Want is a really good movie that while not one of Nancy Meyers' bests, I still had a good time watching it, especially when going blind on this.
½ May 25, 2017
If you want a no brainer, with music from the Frank Sinatra Time- and an idea.....of an advertising guy who can hear what women are thinking...............watch it, your brain will relax.
April 3, 2017
Mel completely charming, as expected. The dance scene was terrific. They could have given Helen Hunt a little more.
March 9, 2017
I love this movie! Mel Gibson is always great!
February 26, 2017
2/26/2017: A pretty decent rom com type movie.
November 27, 2016
If for nothing else I LOVE the soundtrack and Mel Gibson (in this)! Should be on Blu-ray!
November 26, 2016
A very interesting movie to watch. I love to watch it again.
November 18, 2016
While it is occasionally uneven and isn't exactly an Oscar-worthy film, the chemistry between Mel Gibson and Helen Hunt, the story that's both humourous and heartwarming, a reasonably worthwhile premise and the sure-handed direction of Nancy Meyers elevate What Women Want beyond some of the romantic-comedy cliches the film may have.
October 27, 2016
Oh 2000. Everyone still adored Mel Gibson. People still smoked in movies. Helen Hunt was still sultry.
October 2, 2016
Very enjoyable.

A guy looses a promotion to a new hire but soon finds that he can read women's minds.
½ October 1, 2016
This film is an entertainment in its pure form, why should it necessarily be bad? The movie is fun to watch with beatuful performers.
September 27, 2016
Wonderful movie, about man's man who due to accident can hear women's thoughts. Well acted, funny and romantic. A good moral heart to the story.
September 26, 2016
Gibson is as great as the premise, which is explored to often amusing results. I liked it for what it was.
September 16, 2016
I love this movie!!! Mel Gibson at his best as a sexy male chauvinist pig. Lovable yet despicable. Is it Braveheart worthy. Um no. Different genre people. It's a COMEDY. WITH HEART. Helen Hunt is likable and beautiful as Mel's boss whom can't hide her every thought. As every woman. Imagine a man who can read your thoughts. Could be good. Could be bad. Movie shows both sides. But Mel becomes a better man. Simple easy entertainment. Nothing heavy. No tears. Just fun to watch.
½ September 15, 2016
Entertaining at times I guess
½ September 2, 2016
Ihan hauska hömppäleffa! :-* (Suom. Mitä nainen haluaa)
August 2, 2016
Funny and irresistibly charming, What Women Want is another example of director Nancy Meyers' entertaining and touching direction and delivers a solid comedic performance from Mel Gibson.