When Harry Met Sally - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

When Harry Met Sally Reviews

½ July 17, 2016
When Harry Met Sally is the definitive romantic comedy that delivers the perfect balance of frustration and satisfaction. Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan's chemistry made their characters' relationship so natural and complex that any one can relate to them. From witty comedy, to philosophical discussion and dramatic romance, When Harry Met Sally holds true brilliance of romantic storytelling that is remarkably memorable. 4.5 Stars
June 26, 2016
When we need to give a slap to the face when it hurts to getting a slap on the face when its just a joke.
June 25, 2016
A great romantic comedy
½ June 15, 2016
Guy gets girl in this vulgar romantic comedy.
June 13, 2016
She does something. He looks at her, quizzically. She asks what. He says nothing. She asks what. He explains his omniscient insight into life via cynical new yorker. Also, fake orgasm. The end.

Everything I hate about post-modern, Manhattan-type, hypersexual relationships. They have nothing to do with love.

This is what's happening for the large majority of the movie. However, at some point, the relationship becomes somewhat interesting. And, though ham-handed, the resolution is a welcome one considering what one had to go through to get there.
½ May 26, 2016
Totally forgot how sharp, funny, and genuine this one is.
½ May 25, 2016
Witty dialogue and great chemistry between the two stars make this one of the best rom-coms I've ever seen.
May 24, 2016
The romantic comedy is a hard genre to nail. The genre is a popular one, but it seems that audiences are only drawn to them so strongly due to stories that sacrifice realistic situations and characters for ideal ones. Love is a very fantastical thing, after all. Thankfully, Rob Reiner doesn't succumb to this with When Harry Met Sally: the result is a beautiful little film that stands as a solid entry in the genre without finding the need to deliver unrealistic ideas. Reiner and screenwriter Nora Ephron deliver a story that, in a way, is semi-autobiographical, drawing from their own personal thoughts on love and relationships based on their past life experiences. These ideas are what make Harry and Sally such compelling and realistic characters: they're as close to real life as movie characters can get. It helps that Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan give their all in their performances, and share wonderful chemistry with one another. These are two characters whose ups and downs over the course of 12 years are relatable and understandable, and Crystal and Ryan are the life force behind this relationship. This is one of the quintessential romantic comedies for good reason, because it's one of the most earnest and heartfelt ones out there.
½ May 18, 2016
How can anyone not love this movie? The conversations and chemistry between Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan is so charming and irresistible. "When Harry Met Sally" is absolutely a classic in not only the romantic comedy genre, but in the world of cinema in general, and I can't stand that it took me so long to check it out. It's an instant classic for anyone who hasn't checked this one out yet. 9.0/10
May 16, 2016
My new favorite romcom
½ May 9, 2016
Ephron's screenplay is marvelous, deliciously funny and deserving of every award - and much of the improvised dialogue in several moments fits so perfectly that they seem scripted -, but what makes the movie even more adorable is the chemistry between Crystal and Ryan.
½ May 8, 2016
Dated in some respects, yet excelling in others-When Harry Met Sally is still a resonating romantic comedy. It's a Woody Allen piece meets Linklater's "Before Sunrise" trilogy. The dialogue rich, the characterizations nuanced, and the interactions between Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan authentic and resonating. While it doesn't completely avoid all of the rom-com clichés, it does side step a lot of them, and certainly set the stage for some of the smarter romantic comedies that we remember.

3.5/5 Stars
April 19, 2016
Even after more than 25 years after its release date "When Harry Met Sally"is still one of the best (and most charming) romantic comedies to date. 4/5 stars
½ April 10, 2016
I think at the time, this was pretty new to the genre, and it still holds up because Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan are perfect together. Watching them bounce off each other makes the movie nearly timeless. It's cliche, short and probably not so thought out in its third act, but it's a classic in Romantic Comedies because of how much it's influenced everything else, for better or for worse.
April 9, 2016
I hate it took me this long to watch this one. Without a doubt one of the better romantic comedies ever made. I love the dialogue here and everything, except the clothes, completely holds up here.
March 28, 2016
hmm flixter another kept the rating lost the review!
March 2, 2016
I love Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan's chemistry in this movie! nice to see Carrie Fisher in this, too!
February 15, 2016
bravo,, bravo..... type of movie... romance /comedy movie according to USA today it is known as rom-com. not a fan of rom but I'm a fan of com movies. It is somewhat of a comical moments.. The title is self explantory.. A type of movie people should watch on days like today which is valentine's day for people who are not in realationships & enjoy movies like these to spend valentine's day annually. It is one of the few movies like clueless, forgetting sarah marshall,something new, Celeste &Jesse forever Rashida Jones & Andy Sanderberg are the married couples that eventually get back together.
February 3, 2016
My favourite ever movie
used to watch it every week
½ January 17, 2016
A Classic. Hadn't seen it for a while and if you really want to see a romantic comedy what else is out there but the classics.