Why Him? - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Why Him? Reviews

½ September 16, 2017
Printing biz meets the app biz! Paper versus digital!

This is not the theme something you could see for the first time. I have seen many classics, probably you would have as well. But the difference is it was a different cast and a bit modernised. Modernised means just the story set in the todays technological trend world like almost everything that related to AI we use in our daily life. It's yet to be a lifestyle, I mean new norm. So you can see a few people who had already progressed like we say Silicon/IT guys. That's the background and with the same old concept that the parents, particularly the father of the girl meets her boyfriend. When they do, those misunderstanding, generation gap and what else, all hell breaks loose.

The comedies were okay. In some places it was too much. Instead of a laugh, it only annoyed. Though there were some good jokes, except I hardly had any good laugh in my entire watch. I remind you again that it was an okay film. Some people might find it good, some won't. Still a watchable film for the good performances. It's a face-off between James Franco and Bryan Cranston as expected. Elon Musk was a surprise. It had several opportunities to be better like turnaround its narration, yet they stuck with the same concept for the whole film. So other than mild entertainment, there's nothing in it to laud. I hope it all had ended here. Please, no sequel.

5/10
September 14, 2017
(5.0 out of 6) - Does this movie suck????
When we can't help but get sucked in in our family life and business. When we can't help what is sucked into our lives and what we are sucked into others lives when we are introduced to some people. When we just get sucked into these world's of virtual reality, games, fantasy, erotica, technology, higher tastes, new fancy things, easier ways, richer life, and automation when we are introduced to it and it's all around us we can't help but say "what's next?" When we see others can't help but get sucked into others when they are honest and loving. When we see getting sucked into somethings, can lead to other things when we are introduced to other money suckers when it's big business and more money to be sucked from outdated businesses. When we can't help but be sucked into various businesses and propositions when new things can be made even more to grow the sucking machine even bigger. When we can't help but get sucked in when the lifestyle makes us and others feel good and provides. When others enjoys the sucking life we remain on the surface when we don't get easily sucked in like others when we suck others into us that matters. When we are just one big sucking family.
½ September 11, 2017
Hilarious at points.
September 9, 2017
Well done. Several funny parts.
September 9, 2017
Cliched as hell but still had some genuine moments. Cranston elevates the emotional scenes beyond what they deserve.
September 6, 2017
Hilarious movie!!! Thought it would be more of a stupid comedy type but I can't remember a time where I laughed out loud so much!!
September 5, 2017
Completely botched attempt at a familiar formula, this vaguely holiday themed comedy mistakes shock value for humour and often milks its punch lines to the point where they aren't funny anymore.
September 4, 2017
Enough funny to balance the crude, barely.
½ August 31, 2017
A funny movie. I don't see what was the point of watching it but it was funny.
August 22, 2017
Jokes were pretty good, a little slow in some parts, but you gotta love Bryan Cranston
½ August 19, 2017
If you treat this as an out and out comedy it actually isn't funny enough to be considered as such. If you treat it as a kind of family entertainment movie there is enough going on to make it a just above average film. Although obviously some of the humour is of an adult nature and not suitable for family viewing. I don't see this film as a comedy though, I see it as a kind of entertainment, rom-com, comedy medley. The plot does have a few feel good family moments in it though. Overall the comedy is average. The plot is more developed than you would expect for a comedy. overall a just above average movie.
August 19, 2017
This movie was funny and original!! I loved it
½ August 16, 2017
James Franco and Bryan Cranston had made such clever movies and TV episodes since 2008, but Why Him? proves that pairing the "Pineapple Express" weed seller with "The One Who Knocks" and cooks up excellent pure blue meth means nothing if it was written with a lackluster premise and jokes that miss.
August 14, 2017
Silly, but hilarious.
August 13, 2017
Why Him is a good film with good performances from its two leads as we are to expect, be it a little generic and predictable. The film has a few good laughs and a few raunchy scenes. On the hole Why Him is a film that will be enjoyable at home with a few friends.
August 5, 2017
It's really cool movie!!!
Recommend it!!!
August 4, 2017
Watched this on a flight from LA back east. Made the long flight seem even longer - fast forwarded through many parts. Just boring. I'm a Kiss fan from way back - still thought the Kiss cameo was stupid.
½ August 2, 2017
I am a 18 yr old male who went to this movie with five of his high school buds... ...and I could not wait to leave.

You have to really love crude humour to stand this movie at all. This movie seriously scared me - hopefully "Why Him?" is not representative of future 21st century movies. Some of the jokes were so bad a middle schooler could have thought of it while trying to come back from a friend's 'Yo Mamma' joke. And it sucked even more by giving off the message about accepting the druggy, uber communist, rap/synthetic music 21st century. Please, give me Pride & Prejudice instead.
½ July 31, 2017
literally no filter, stick to age rating. Still entertaining but I cannot stress the fact that there is only Adult humour enough.
½ July 29, 2017
Was good for a few laughs