Why Him? - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Why Him? Reviews

May 23, 2017
Why Him? offers up some worthwhile laughs and it has quite a promising cast, even if it does feel derivative due to its tired premise.
½ May 21, 2017
Well, it was fun to a degree because the cast was great and I really did laugh at some scenes. In the end I wasn't expecting more than a few smiles so no harm done. I loved the art work at his house though.
May 20, 2017
Good movie. Very funny parts. Loses steam towards the end.
May 20, 2017
Sorry rent paying movie. 2 great actors and a crappy toilet humor script. Not worth the $1.60 redbox fee or the time standing in front of it to rent it. Super sad attempt of a production
May 18, 2017
it was pretty good. funny. just not that funny. the whole movie was just really awkward to sit through
May 16, 2017
Not funny just crude with lots of swearing.
May 15, 2017
That was better than expected!
This is what I myself saying when the credit began to roll - and I had finished singing along to KISS.

I thought it was going to be another same-old-story we have seen Ashton Kutcher and Ben Stiller in before, however the wealth of Laird and the interesting characters in his world who made me laugh out loud was a good spin.
Offered a good laugh with friends.
May 14, 2017
while 'why him' tries to be funny and charming with a clear attempt to please both the young and old audiences the end result is far from it
May 14, 2017
Why him is your typical crude humor comedy, but for some reason I really enjoyed it. I got a lot of laughs and think it has more heart it in that the other throw away comedies. Bryan Cranston and James Franco have great chemistry together. I think you should give it a shot.
May 13, 2017
Formulaic, forgettable, and unfunny. I want another James Franco and Bryan Cranston movie, one with a better script!
May 13, 2017
I thought this movie was going to be so corny, but turned out to be a good comedy. It definitely had its corny moments, but plenty of laughs and plenty of well written comedy. Plus, I swear Tina Fey's sister is in this movie and doesn't know it. LOL
May 13, 2017
"Son-in-law" reverse & redux. Both have some good laughs.
May 11, 2017
yes the movie has its flaws but it is a good time with alot of laughs
½ May 11, 2017
Far too 'by the books' to be anything memorable.
½ May 10, 2017
Is it Hollywood gold - obviously not.
Did it actually make me laugh - surprisingly, yes, through out the film.
While it had its typical "vulgar" moments every "comedy" seems to have to have these days - they were lightly played and well balanced with actual good comedy and some heart-to-heart realism.
May 9, 2017
Bryan Cranston is hilarious. starts off funny but theses movies alwsys end the same!
½ May 9, 2017
"Why Him?" Stupid comedy but script has too much metaphorical **** sucking. It gets annoying to hear.
½ May 9, 2017
Was ok, a little stuipid
½ May 9, 2017
This was pretty good! One of Franco's better movies of late, a great comedy. The chemistry between Cranston and Franco shines at the heart of the film. The laughter comes in bunches. Full of dick and fart jokes, it's your typical twenty-first century comedy. Definitely recommend!
½ May 9, 2017
There were plenty of dumb moments and the movie went on too long but there were some laugh out loud moments. It's worth a go on a movie channel.