Winnie the Pooh - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Winnie the Pooh Reviews

December 5, 2016
It's the equivalent of going out for ice cream with your friends. A total treat.
October 8, 2016
Not quite as good as the 70's one, but still has the Pooh sense of humor and charming pace.
September 10, 2016
An adorable movie that does true justice to a great classic!
½ September 5, 2016
Winnie the Pooh is directed by Stephen J. Anderson who directed Meet the Robinsons, and Don Hall who directed his later film Big Hero 6. It stars Jim Cummings, Travis Oates, Tom Kenny, and Craig Ferguson in an animated musical film about 2 stories from A. A. Milne's book. One is about trying to find a replacement for Eeyore's tail, and the other is about looking for Christopher Robin as the crew thinks that he's been kidnapped by the Backson. I honestly don't know how I come across this on DirecTV, I just happened to record this and I guess I decided to watch it because of its short time. The voice actors are great in this, Jim Cummings will always be Winnie the Pooh and Tigger for me, and the new voice actors for this like Craig Ferguson and Tom Kenny are really good replacements for the previous actors. The animation looks really good, which is sad because we haven't seen much films nowadays that uses drawing animation like this. The 2 stories that they use are really entertaining with some great funny moments, and the songs are really catchy, which would surprise people that it's done by the same people who did Frozen. The characters are still memorable in this, and some of the changes they did are nice. The only problem I had with it, was how short it was. Maybe if it was 3 stories I would've been totally ok with it, but since it's 2 stories and it's 70 minutes long, I was hoping for a bit more of it. But it's honestly a bit of a nitpick as Winnie the Pooh is a really great film that even to this day, they managed to make entertaining films from Winnie the Pooh.
August 25, 2016
A nice throwback to Disney's classic animation style with a lot of charm and whimsy to spare. It starts off a little too similar to the 1970's feature, but soon distinguishes itself quite nicely.
August 15, 2016
It's great to see Winnie the Pooh and his friends return in this new movie!
½ July 13, 2016
It's a very funny, cute and likable film. It has a number of funny moments, and enjoyable moments, I recommend watching it, especially if you grew up with these characters, like I did.
jamrcla
July 6, 2016
Ok i'm in my 20's and I grew up watching Winnie The Pooh and just because i've had a few more birthdays since I last watched Pooh I still thought this was a great film, A few good laughs nice little plot and I think it will get the younger generations back to loving the bear as much as we all used to, On the whole Winnie The Pooh is very short but very sweet.
½ June 25, 2016
Who stole Eeyore's tail,and who is the Backson.
June 22, 2016
Beautifully animated in the sadly-dying classic Disney style, this is a short trip down memory lane that's also freshly funny and enjoyable no matter what your age.
February 20, 2016
A charming funny movie for kids. Now I watched this when I was a kid I laughed and had fun watching it kids will enjoy this movie!
½ February 2, 2016
Everything its supposed to be and nothing it isn't, this latest edition featuring the original "silly ol bear" stay faithful to the source material and in that light is expertly done. As a bonus the adorable Zooey Deschanel sings the theme song. Wholesome family entertainment done well.
½ January 9, 2016
Simple, yet charming in the same way as Old Disney, but with distinctly postmodern storytelling aspects, it's an interesting example of what the House of Mouse could have been like today, had things not changed drastically (though for the better, ultimately) in their 90s Renaissance and recent Revival. The extremely short length, however, is a bit of a detraction, taking some of the depth out of it all, so it's probably more for long-term fans of the books and films than ordinary folk.
½ January 4, 2016
Short, clever and often hilarious, with all Hundred Acre Woods' regulars in wonderful form. Not the strongest of Pooh-plots, but none-the-less a sweet treat for all ages.
½ December 29, 2015
It made me laugh and feel nostalgic about my childhood. I was sad it was so short.
December 2, 2015
Delightfully warm, charming and funny, this film does great justice to the classic Winnie the Pooh story and stays true to its original, 2D animation.
September 21, 2015
A nostalgic return to the Hundred-Acre Woods with the same heart of happiness and charming animation bringing up new and past ideas, but it's a short trip this time with a zanier/sillier nature that seems to question the faithfulness nature of the previous stories. Other than that flaw aspect, it's still the same lovable, silly old bear that we'd grown up with, even if the film is a rebooted update made for the younger generations. (A-)

(Full review coming soon)
½ September 7, 2015
Extremely faithful to the Winnie the Pooh legacy. It was only an hour though. Just wish there was more to enjoy.
½ September 6, 2015
This was finally the movie we needed after a bad movie season. Filled with spectacular hand drawn animation,cute returning characters,short,yet charming story,and funny story. Winnie the Pooh is a hit classic for Disney. Review by Logan Cornn.