Winnie the Pooh - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Winnie the Pooh Reviews

½ November 23, 2017
A beautiful modern re-telling of the Winnie the Pooh that don't fall under the spell of senseless gags & cheap tricks.

Although digitally animated it effortlessly captures the beauty of artistry of the original Pooh World. All the characters are true on screen.

Unlike The Many Adventures of Pooh 1977 this time round it's one narrative & charmingly put together with much love.
October 5, 2017
Winnie the Pooh is a very short, but sweet flick. This 2011 Disney outing is wonderfully and competently traditional in every sense as both its characters (Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore are the highlights) and animation were pleasantly old-fashioned. This is regrettably the last hand-drawn Disney film and it looks simply beautiful with a wonderful use of color and a great simplistic approach to it. The soundtrack is weak and the plot is overly simple and lacking in any real stakes and conflict, but the film is pleasantly childlike, sweet and charming with a surprisingly strong humor with many funny lines. It is an often overlooked, but very strong Disney entry indeed.
September 22, 2017
I liked this movie. Winnie the Pooh and his friends come back to the big screen bringing some catchy songs, nostalgia, some good humor, and a kind friendly plot. This movie is for all ages and it has something for everyone and it does go overboard with anything. It keeps it safe. One problem I did have with this movie was that it was a little forgettable. I just no this because when I saw it in the summer, I forgot the movie existed until a couple of summers later. But when I rewatched it, I had a lot of fun watching it. Overall Winnie the Pooh is a really good movie, it can be forgettable but when you rewatch it, you will have just as fun as you did watching the movie the first time. The movie doesn't get old. This is definitely a movie everyone can enjoy. A-
September 19, 2017
I remember back when I was younger I loved watching this movie it was adorable and funny so show your kids this movie.
May 26, 2017
Eh...I'm not a big "Winnie The Pooh" freak. But I don't hate it.
½ May 1, 2017
A good childhood classic that I have watched! It's a good one but I have not watched it for years
½ January 6, 2017
Although some of the silliness feels out of place, 2011's "Winnie the Pooh" introduces the classic character (and his misadventures) to a new, younger generation that won't mind how uneven it is.
½ December 27, 2016
Everything that made the first Winnie the Pooh animated feature so adorable (the official one, also by Walt Disney Animation Studios) is found here too, from great songs to adorable stories, and it is a delightful return to the traditional hand-drawn animation of the old days.
½ December 16, 2016
Excellent edition of Winnie the Pooh. Whimsical, fun, nostalgic, and a great time at the movies with all of the classic characters.
December 5, 2016
It's the equivalent of going out for ice cream with your friends. A total treat.
October 8, 2016
Not quite as good as the 70's one, but still has the Pooh sense of humor and charming pace.
September 10, 2016
An adorable movie that does true justice to a great classic!
½ September 5, 2016
Winnie the Pooh is directed by Stephen J. Anderson who directed Meet the Robinsons, and Don Hall who directed his later film Big Hero 6. It stars Jim Cummings, Travis Oates, Tom Kenny, and Craig Ferguson in an animated musical film about 2 stories from A. A. Milne's book. One is about trying to find a replacement for Eeyore's tail, and the other is about looking for Christopher Robin as the crew thinks that he's been kidnapped by the Backson. I honestly don't know how I come across this on DirecTV, I just happened to record this and I guess I decided to watch it because of its short time. The voice actors are great in this, Jim Cummings will always be Winnie the Pooh and Tigger for me, and the new voice actors for this like Craig Ferguson and Tom Kenny are really good replacements for the previous actors. The animation looks really good, which is sad because we haven't seen much films nowadays that uses drawing animation like this. The 2 stories that they use are really entertaining with some great funny moments, and the songs are really catchy, which would surprise people that it's done by the same people who did Frozen. The characters are still memorable in this, and some of the changes they did are nice. The only problem I had with it, was how short it was. Maybe if it was 3 stories I would've been totally ok with it, but since it's 2 stories and it's 70 minutes long, I was hoping for a bit more of it. But it's honestly a bit of a nitpick as Winnie the Pooh is a really great film that even to this day, they managed to make entertaining films from Winnie the Pooh.
August 25, 2016
A nice throwback to Disney's classic animation style with a lot of charm and whimsy to spare. It starts off a little too similar to the 1970's feature, but soon distinguishes itself quite nicely.
August 15, 2016
It's great to see Winnie the Pooh and his friends return in this new movie!
½ July 13, 2016
It's a very funny, cute and likable film. It has a number of funny moments, and enjoyable moments, I recommend watching it, especially if you grew up with these characters, like I did.
jamrcla
July 6, 2016
Ok i'm in my 20's and I grew up watching Winnie The Pooh and just because i've had a few more birthdays since I last watched Pooh I still thought this was a great film, A few good laughs nice little plot and I think it will get the younger generations back to loving the bear as much as we all used to, On the whole Winnie The Pooh is very short but very sweet.
½ June 25, 2016
Who stole Eeyore's tail,and who is the Backson.
June 22, 2016
Beautifully animated in the sadly-dying classic Disney style, this is a short trip down memory lane that's also freshly funny and enjoyable no matter what your age.