The Wolf Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Wolf Man Reviews

April 4, 2017
A must see movie! It's a classic!
March 26, 2017
10 out of 10:

The Wolf Man remains one of the classic monster movies with great makeup, acting, and score to give it a creepy feel.
February 22, 2017
Being a werewolf movie fan ashamed to say I had never previously seen this movie despite knowing about how well received it is. This movies fantastic for it's time. The movie is surprisingly really short clocking in at only 1 hour and 8 minutes but they use all those minutes to tell an extremely compelling, character driven story full of great performances and tragedy. The werewolf itself is really iconic and has a memorable design to it being one of the most popular film monsters to ever be created. Altho I wasn't a huge fan of its growling and howling but that's just a small nitpick. Overall tho this is a great film. I highly recommend it. 4/5
January 31, 2017
You gotta love this movie.
January 8, 2017
Very suspenseful with incredible make up.
½ November 2, 2016
I really couldn't stay focused on this classic horror film. It certainly is very dramatic, but it also seemed very B grade. Admittedly I saw a dodgy copy of this film, which made viewing a little frustrating. Maybe a second viewing will be better. 1001
½ November 1, 2016
Not a bad film despite the melodrama. It was boosted by an alright plot. I guess it was supposed to be in England?
October 29, 2016
A Fantastic addition to the universal monster classics. This movie has great suspense, acting, and storyline. It may be slow at times but, it still manages to pack a punch.
October 15, 2016
With a powerful performance by Lin Chaney Jr., The Wolf Man manages to show case sympathy to a beloved horror icon
September 28, 2016
While not perfect, The Wolf Man is still an enjoyable Universal Pictures classic. Part of it is due to the no nonsense run time that barely breaks an hour, the rest is due to fantastic performances from the entire cast, especially Lon Chaney.
½ August 30, 2016
The effects are kinda dated, but they do deliver on the plot and story, even if the characters are not very interesting!
August 11, 2016
The Wolf Man lacks in terms of the originality and actual scares, but it executes its story very well as it is so well crafted, edited, directed and of course acted. The imagery is so effective, the characterization is surprisingly good and it is also pleasantly emotional, realistic and above all always engaging, entertaining and just so superbly made that you can't help but appreciate it.
July 14, 2016
One of the greatest horror films of the 40s.
April 6, 2016
Try not to get to scared. Boo!
February 24, 2016
It hasn't stood the test of time as a horror movie but it's still very beautifully made and shot, with fine atmosphere and good acting.
February 8, 2016
A personal favorite horror film of mine. Despite being made on a B-budget, it can blend in with the A-budget Universal horror films made in the 30s.
January 3, 2016
classic horror movie
November 6, 2015
I was really surprised how much I liked this movie scary atmosphere. acting amazing great likeable main character
November 1, 2015
Beautifully shot and acted tragi-horror tale and one of Universal's last great efforts.
October 27, 2015
Another all time Universal classic, with legendary Lon Chaney Jr. and even an appearance by Bela Lugosi as a gypsy. The acting is very fine it 's also heavy on atmosphere : a small village and a fogy marsh next to it where the murders occurs. Good movie, check it out !!