X-Men Origins - Wolverine Reviews
The only thing X-Men Origins: Wolverine manages to get right is its ability to mess things up. The film contains a bland and uninteresting story and the only salvation is another iconic Hugh Jackman's performance as the Wolverine. Worst of all, they completely get Deadpool wrong, ruining the perception of many characters in the X-Men history.
This film is a mixed bag for a lot of people. I can see what people are saying, this film is a mess. Lets start with the pros.
- The Runtime isn't too long. It's a perfect time
- Hugh Jackman is excellent in this film. He's probably the best part.
- Patrick Stewart's Cameo is super neat
- Gambit is a cool character that needs his own film
- The CGI is a little outdated. You can tell whats CGI
- They did Deadpool super wrong. Deadpool is not what Deadpool should be
- Wolverine is the only likeable character, the rest are not
- This film gets a little boring, but overall is entertaining
- Many characters were shoehorned in
- The action scenes were unclear
- The Weapon X scene was edited like it was Zack Snyder 300. It looked very 300
Overall, This film has its flaws. This isn't the best wolverine film. I don't think it's horrendous, but I don't think it's amazing.
Despite some excellent cast members (and Gambit), the whole thing is a huge mess. We eventually got the Ryan Reynolds DP we wanted, but what a waste of Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth.