X-Men Origins - Wolverine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

X-Men Origins - Wolverine Reviews

June 18, 2018
This movie is a train wreck. Continuity isn't followed, not only from the comics, but even X-Men and X2. It's as though no one at Marvel was thinking when they guided the making of this film. Liev Schreiber was excellent as Victor Creed/Sabretooth and Hugh Jackson continued his perfect version of Logan. While Gambit was great, he was forced, as was Scott Summers and Professor X, even though their whole inclusion implies that they know what happened on 3-Mile Island, not Alkali Lake. Yet...in the X-movies, they have no clue. Logan even awoke from being shot with no memories except what began that moment. And, at that moment, he was on the island where he allegedly got his bones and claws. Wouldn't he remember that?? Idiots.
June 11, 2018
i enjoyed had a blast
June 7, 2018
What did the filmmakers think when they created this mess of a film? It's supposedly a prequel to the X-Men franchise centered around Wolverine but X-Men Origins is changing everything there was before (or what will be after). Somehow Liev Schreibers Sabretooth becomes Wolverines brother - and they share a (hands down) kinda cool opening sequence in which they go through the different warfields in time to show us that they're both immortal. But then we get a boring Gambit, a team of throwaway mutants and poor Ryan Reynolds as a guy who is called Deadpool but has nothing in common with him. This film has some little nice ideas in it but the execution is horrible from start to finish.
½ June 5, 2018
The plot is good,but the Deadpool and the visuals effects are terrible
½ June 1, 2018
Spoiler alert...do not read if you haven't seen the movie. First, as a huge fan of Wolverine, you have to know that I would have already given the movie a min 4.5 stars based on the trailers alone. So why not 5 stars? One reason only, not enough berserker rage torturing him...the movie should have been 20 minutes longer. but then again, exploring this in a prequel could have ended up emotionless and corny.
The mutant characters blend in well throughout the movie. Pleasant surprises were some of the smaller parts played by Ryan Reynolds, Lost's Dominic Monaghan and Will I Am from the Black Eyed Peas. Overall the movie was action packed, funny when it should be and well directed, the cinematography was perfect (yay Canada). A Patrick Stewart cameo....hmm, maybe I should give it 5...but that just left me wanting another Xmen sequel. Finally, don't be a loser and stay past the credits!
½ May 29, 2018
This one isnt even fun in a so bad its good...its just ehhh...Liev Schreiber,Hugh Jackman and Taylor Kitsch were the only positives...This movie so screwed that it screwed up the timeline so much that it was almost no fix to it.
May 27, 2018
A terrible movie. Listen, guys, I love Hugh Jackman as Wolverine but this movie is horrible. There are some glaring story problems, and the way they did Deadpool made me dislike the movie even more.
May 23, 2018
Here comes the Hate, I LOVE this movie. Am I the only one who does?
May 22, 2018
Ruined Logan's origin story they didn't need to because it was explained in X2
Ruined Deadpool
Only good thing was Liev Schreibers Sabretooth
½ May 19, 2018
This is the worst movie of the X-titles ever made. It was terrible from script to acting. And a total waste of good actors. From start to finish, you wonder if the writers ever picked up a comic. This should have been an easy script to write but instead the story was ruined.
½ May 19, 2018
What went wrong here?
A: Everything.
½ May 10, 2018
(48/100)
X-Men Origins - Wolverine is something and that something is not good. It is perhaps the worst one out of the series and just isn't good all around. Logan (Hugh Jackman) did have some chemistry with Silver Fox (Lynn Collins) but apart from that there's nothing to say about the movie that's actually ''good''. The CGI is just laughably bad at some times. Deadpool (Ryan Reynolds) is totally misused and the action sequence with Fred Dukes (Kevin Durand) was just plain silly. Overall it's just a bad movie which I'm happy about they erased with X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014).
May 4, 2018
This movie is not very good, but it does have a few moments that are entertaining. I just don't think it comes anywhere near to the quality of the others. Besides having the worst version of Deadpool ever, the effects look horrible. It is wasn't for Wolverine and Sabertooth, this would have been unwatchable.
May 4, 2018
Though this movie certainly is one of the weakest in the franchise, with familiar themes and a poor storyline, but the acting of Hugh Jackman, and some worthwile action sequences more than makes up for this shortcoming.
½ April 26, 2018
liked this movie a ton and saw in theaters contemporaneously. I had liked the original trilogy of X-Men movies and this movie rebooted the series. The plot and acting are both very good, and while I don't think Wolverine is the most interesting mutant, he does have the best-made origin story movie, in my opinion
April 25, 2018
An excellent prequel to the first movie. Certainly sheds light for the unfamiliar.

65 out of 100
½ April 13, 2018
lackluster storyline is rammed with superbly choreographed, fun brawls. jackman is at his emotional best. dumb, but a treat.
April 13, 2018
After reading reasons why many fans of the X-Men comics/cartoons dislike this film, I can understand why they would feel that way since it goes astray from what they grew up with and enjoy, and I won't argue with that. But for somebody like me who doesn't read/care about comic books, who already grew out of cartoons by the time the X-Men cartoons came around, and who knew nothing about X-Men prior to the first 3 X-Men movies, I liked this movie. As one example, I had no idea who Deadpool was until people started complaining about how he was portrayed in this movie, and I understand their disappointment. But for me, since I didn't know who he was, I therefore don't care how he was portrayed, and I still don't care, because I don't care about Deadpool. But a lot of people do care about that and other things that went astray from the comics/cartoons, so I understand their disappointment. As far as only the movies are concerned, I see how it breaks out of continuity with the first 3 X-Men movies, but since those movies are just "meh" to me, I prefer this movie's storyline over those. This movie isn't amazing, but it's good enough for me to buy it from the $5 bin at the store. I also bought "Logan" brand new for $20, but I wouldn't even pay $1 for any other X-Men movie. I just watch them on TV for free if I have nothing better to do at the moment. So for a casual X-Men viewer like me, "Wolverine" and "Logan" are the only X-Men films I've liked enough to buy so far.
March 23, 2018
Dull and empty, the only good thing is Hugh Jackman's acting.
½ March 3, 2018
This shouldn't even be called a film. It is an abomination against humanity, and is not even worthy of the effort it takes to keep your eyes open while watching it. Poor Hugh Jackman. *Has mini seizure*