X-Men Origins - Wolverine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

X-Men Origins - Wolverine Reviews

September 6, 2017
I KNEW it was supposed to be bad, but I HAD to watch it. I mean it's Wolverine, right? But oh this movie sucked pretty hard. Difficult to follow, absurd plot, very silly at times.
September 2, 2017
So this would be the story of Logan becoming the wolverine and how he got his powers you know I found it to be pretty darn good
August 28, 2017
Some of the action is decent
August 25, 2017
this film very good:-)
August 25, 2017
I liked it. Very action packed.
½ August 21, 2017
What was the point of bringing Deadpool into this if they were just gonna ruin him?!
August 21, 2017
This movie is hated on. A lot. Whether it's a character they completely ruined in the end, or the constant jump cuts that are around every corner, it's not a pleasant movie. That all being said, does this movie deserve as harsh a rap as it gets? Mostly.

Let's start with the positives. This movie has enjoyment in it. Some of the fight scenes are awesome to watch, especially the one in the end. The movie has some witty dialogue and some arrow-in-the-heart emotion near the beginning. The casting was done well. Hugh Jackman is obviously going to own the role of Wolverine, and Liev Schreiber just owned Victor. Lynn Collins didn't really show that much emotion, though, but she's the exception of the cast.

Unfortunately, this movie made a lot of mistakes. For one, it's jump cuts the movie. There's so.... many.... jump cuts. The intro to the movie with the opening credits has more jump cuts than I could count. It's like the new Taken movies. It's distracting and hurt the fluidity of the fights. Secondly, the suspension of disbelief that you'll need to get through it. Some of these characters do a lot of stupid things, especially Stryker. Hint: If there's a mutant in your base of operations, maybe you should.... do something about it?!? And who knew making somebody invincible meant it was hard to take them down? People could go all day about how much they ruined Wade Wilson, but I don't really want to waste my time and say what has already been said many times.

The story itself is ridiculously simple. The trailer of the movie sums up the whole story, one minor plot twist notwithstanding. It does leave a lot of brevity, as it makes this movie a great popcorn flick to sit back, turn off your mind, and relax. It's kind of muddled as this movie really wants you to take it seriously, but that can easily be ignored as the action scenes.... don't take it seriously. At the opposite spectrum, there are details that will ruin this movie for those looking at it as it fits in the X-Men series. There's a bunch of continuity mishaps in this movie, retcons included.

As someone who likes action movies a lot if they can sell it well, this movie definitely checked some of my boxes. They do a good job of attaching you to Wolverine in the first half, even if they don't do as good a job with the other characters. But this is a movie about Wolverine, so Wolverine is the spotlight. Even if the end of the movie felt way more like an X-Men movie with its attempts at trying to work with the continuity and falling flat.

Overall, should you give this a shot? Probably not. It's a forgettable movie that doesn't have enough enjoyment to warrant a watch. At the very least you could pirate it to see how it goes. "Hey that's illegal man". Don't care, don't give them money for this movie. Enjoy it for free and laugh at the studio.

Rating: C-
August 2, 2017
A fun and frustrating addition to the X-Men series!
½ August 1, 2017
What can you say about this movie that hasn't been said about HIV?
July 27, 2017
THEY MESSED UP DEADPOOL.... And Wolverine had bad CGI claws! Worst X-Men film to date! (1/5)
July 24, 2017
Altough CGI is bad and Deadpool isn't what anyone expected, X-men Origins: Wolverine is an entertaining, action-packed flick.
½ July 21, 2017
This movie is ridiculous ... enough said. This movie completely ignored some points and flashbacks from the original "X-Men" trilogy and doesn't either develop anything new to these characters or to this super-hero universe. Only Hugh Jackman saved this from being totally depressing and sad and unwatchable, but he just couldn't save this entire piece of garbige. This movie contains some of the worst decision made by the production, logic errors, coincidences, conveniences and laughable moments. I'm never going to waste 107 minutes of my life watching this again.
½ July 19, 2017
Crap crap crap crap crap
July 18, 2017
Extremely Enjoyable.
July 16, 2017
Amazing film dont understand the hate
July 13, 2017
Though I don't think it's as bad as most people say, it still isn't a very good action movie, nor is it a good X-Men movie with a weak plot and sometimes cheesy action scenes.
½ July 11, 2017
I'm not saying it is bad or good in my opinion it is just one of those movies that is just there, with Hugh Jackman great as always that is one of the only good things about this movie although the other things aren't totally bad it isn't a great movie or a bad movie it is just a typical action movie that shouldn't be an action movie.
July 7, 2017
Dead Pool. Is there any bigger reason to hate this film?
½ June 28, 2017
Direção horrível, assim como roteiro preguiçoso.
½ June 27, 2017
D-
The only thing X-Men Origins: Wolverine manages to get right is its ability to mess things up. The film contains a bland and uninteresting story and the only salvation is another iconic Hugh Jackman's performance as the Wolverine. Worst of all, they completely get Deadpool wrong, ruining the perception of many characters in the X-Men history.