X-Men Origins - Wolverine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

X-Men Origins - Wolverine Reviews

½ February 21, 2017
A meh pretty freakin fun action movie with lots of badass stuff
½ February 21, 2017
The really sad thing about this movie, is that it had potential! There was a good story in here somewhere, but after the first half hour, it just gets lost in an extravaganza of poor characters, laughable effects, and a ridiculous attempt to link it all up to the first X-Men film! Ryan Reynolds is a good casting choice as the character Deadpool, I'll give the movie some props for that, but why the hell did they have to seal his mouth shut, and turn him into a video game boss for the films climax!? Total waste of an opportunity! Thank God for X-Men:First Class, because that film completely redeemed this franchise for the best!
February 21, 2017
Bad cliches, terrible action, laughable CGI and melodrama make X-Men Origins completely nonredeemable.
February 19, 2017
Not incredibly original but a whole lot of fun, X-Men Origins: Wolverine directed by Gavin Hood brings us a cool film to begin "timeline A" for the X-Men universe, with some extra cheese.

With what ultimately serves as a prequel to the original X-Men saga and a beginning to the overall universe, Wolverine is a cheesy, action-packed comic book movie that doesn't make much attempt to deviate from the norm or drive too deep into the story of why our main character is who he is other than the cliché change of heart you'd expect in a cop drama . That being said Jackman's performance is stellar given the George Lucas style dialogue he is given to work with. Liev Schreiber and Danny Huston also do well with their performances and Lynn Collins does okay but a soft script makes it hard to connect or care about anyone else than our heavy-handed lead narrative that is presented.

With decent effects which are expected for a film of this budget, the film really falls down with its biggest draw, the action. Quick cuts and what feels like a thousand shots for each fight scene keep the viewer from keeping a proper eye-line during the fights resulting in a visual mess paired with a score more Bollywood than Hollywood. In what should be the most exciting parts of the film, the nonsensical camera work and edit job just leave you wanting more.

It's not the worst "starting point" and what the film does do well is capture the fun and style of the comic book genre to get the ball rolling for the more adult films to follow.
February 17, 2017
OMG..
Outstanding Move..
Loved It..!!!
½ February 13, 2017
CGI noticeably bad certain moments during the film did not make sense with the current x-men storyline (first trilogy) Dont plan on seeing it again anytime soon.
February 12, 2017
Great fight scenes my opinion best x men film
February 11, 2017
Great film loads of fight scenes love it my favourite x men film
February 8, 2017
2/5/2017: An ok movie. Had a great cast and some good action. Could have been great with an R rating, which the Wolverine character needs.
February 7, 2017
Good movie for what is supposed to be. I felt empathy for Wolverine, his brother. The special effects were definitely good, just not the HK spaghetti absurdities. The new action movies do not dispel my sense of disbelief. This movie could have been better, could more filled gaps, that would have been nice. But the accountants supported sequels - so those specific sequels are coming. Morover, this is a comic book, not Wuthering Heights. And as usual Stan Lee and Rupert Murdock want to promote/pander our primitive violence tendency. I feel all the Marvel movies and comics promote children's and adults' socio- psychopathic, forget the law-extralegal nature. They are anti Christ's/Budhhist message saying only violence, murder, can stop these "evil" creatures - no respect for their history - how did they get to be that way? No therapy program can help them. That is where Logan mostly excels - he does not try to kill everyone, just his brother and a few others
½ February 3, 2017
I actually prefer this one to The Wolverine. Very entertaining
½ February 1, 2017
With many flaws Jackman does his usual key role for Logan, but the overall story lacks many important things to get a good movie.
January 29, 2017
Great film I enjoyed it
½ January 22, 2017
Despite some good performances, particularly by Jackman and Reynolds, this movie's combination of perhaps one of the worst scripts in comic book movie history, massive disrespect of the source material and horrible special effects make this the weakest entry in the X-Men franchise
January 22, 2017
X-Men Origins - Wolverine was a nice attempt at giving us a good origin story. It drifts from Wolverine's story that we've seen in other movies so much that it seems like it belongs in a completely different franchise. Hugh Jackman does a good job as Wolverine, Liev Schreiber is fine as Sabertooth, Ryan Reynolds is funny as Wade Wilson, but other than that, everybody else kind of sucks. The action is stupid, the plot, again, is totally different from the other films, the movie isn't shot well and reminds me of a music video. X-Men Origins - Wolverine gets a 4/10.
January 22, 2017
Wish Gambit was in it more haha

And Prof. X is in it and walking... WTF
January 17, 2017
Meh. I know my sisters loved it, so I won't bad mouth it too much here, but the whole thing felt undercooked to me; plus, the inconsistency of Sabretooth being Wolverine's intelligent brother, compared with the radically different conceptualization of the character in the first film of this same series, was jarring for me. It opens well (the first 20 minutes got my hopes up), but after that I thought the storyline was a rambling mess. Sorry. The motorcycle chase was cool, though. And if I graded the film on Hugh's torso, it'd be different.
January 15, 2017
Deadpool was great the fight was the best
January 14, 2017
Victor was great will he return in logan
January 14, 2017
The first is always the best