X-Men Origins - Wolverine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

X-Men Origins - Wolverine Reviews

½ October 11, 2016
"Barry, what the fuck did you do to the timeline." This the worst X-Men film of all
October 6, 2016
A lot of the action from the start it is intense fighting and cool scenes from the movie has good villains and cool graphics I like how Logan becomes the wolverine and Logans fighting style is intense. It's a good movie !! I thought this was a good back story on how he became the Wolverine!! It's a good movie! To see!
½ October 4, 2016
This film is the worst one by far.
October 3, 2016
Micha estoy pelao y no tengo tiempo, pero si se da la oportunidad la voy a ver solo por ver eso q me dices aunque no me gusten estas peliculas.
½ October 2, 2016
bias enters the equation here as i'm a fan of the x-men as a whole. however much of a fan though (i really wanted to like it) it's a bit of a stretch to call it anything other than your average basic actioner. the last stand was a step down from the first two of the franchise and this was a further step down. the action was banal and i just didnt find myself caring about the characters. the major highlight for me was having gambit appear who was my childhood favourite from the animated tv series.
September 26, 2016
Jackman looks the part in this origin story, I won't mention the obvious disappointment, but what upset me was the completely unnecessary death of the old couple who helped him.
½ September 22, 2016
On the one hand, the insight in Wolverine's past is more than welcome, as the original trilogy kept giving us small hints here and there but never the whole story. On the other hand, the script is impossibly full of clichés, and that definitely brings down the overall enjoyment. Hugh Jackman is as always a big plus and there are a couple of pretty memorable action scenes, but, seriously, they could have made an effort in terms of originality.
½ September 18, 2016
The cast of "Origins" is decent, but its script and story are loose, leaving only enough room for unintentional laughs.

V: 62%
September 17, 2016
THEY MESSED UP DEADPOOL.... And Wolverine had bad CGI claws! 2nd Worst X-Men film to date! (3/5)
September 14, 2016
Ok I know!! it's not acurate about DEADPOOL, but I though for what it was, was entertaining enough! C+
September 6, 2016
This maybe one of the worst comic book films ever made
½ September 5, 2016
es una mala pelicula
½ September 4, 2016
It's far from perfect but X-Men Origins- Wolverine is an enjoyable, entertaining ride despite the cliches, lack of plot, and the ruining of Deadpool.
August 30, 2016
Convoluted and Unengaging.
½ August 18, 2016
This movie is as bad as deadpool in this movie.
August 16, 2016
Enjoyable and fun, but pretty dumb. It was a decent kickoff for the summer season when it came out, and stands as a celebration of false physics, comic book and movie clichés, unnecessary (and pretty poor) CG / special effects, and of course, Hugh Jackman's awesomeness, which certainly elevates this movie above the insufferable tripe that it was well on its way to being. He really puts a lot into Wolverine, and really does the character justice... again! All this despite the fact that all of the cool stuff he did throughout the earlier part (i.e. the first 100 years) of his long life are given only a couple of minutes of attention during the opening credits. The romance story is tedious, but doggone it, they tried. Gambit is a highlight, but his screen time is way too brief. Liev Schreiber is okay as Sabertooth, but what is it with Liev Schreiber always playing parts that other people have already played (Manchurian Candidate, The Omen, and now this)? Oh well, he's definitely welcome in this role compared to the actor in the first one (that guy was two steps away from being a pro wrestler), and he seems to be enjoying himself. Overall, I had a good time and was pleasantly surprised once or twice, given my low expectations going in.
August 13, 2016
Why fox, just why?

I understand the idea of making origin prequel films for the characters introduced in the "X-Men Trilogy", and who better to start off with fan favorite Wolverine portrayed by Hugh Jackman as always.

The acting was not the issue here, the writing was, don't get me wrong, this film is bad ass with great action sequences, but some of the fucking characters just don't fit in, like DEADPOOL, Marvel's most unconventional anti-hero, this was the farthest thing from comic accurate, this film was disappointing in almost every way and is worth seeing but not buying.
½ August 10, 2016
Finally, delving deeper into a member of the 'X-Men', oh wait...never mind they've decided to yet again to bite more than they can chew with the increased amount of underdeveloped characters in this instalment.
½ August 7, 2016
The narrative may be familiar to those who followed the X-men comics for long periods of time, but not to people like me who haven't. But trying to keep all the mutants straight was difficult--i kept having to look them all up. But I found the story and acting very good, especially Hugh Jackman, of course, and Danny Huston makes a good villain. The action was well done and Live Schreiber is always good, as well. Superior special effects, too, so for me this was a fun flick.
½ August 7, 2016
It's alright with Deadpool bringing some comedy to the scene (until they ruin him). But overall a poor movie.