Wonder - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wonder Reviews

July 16, 2018
I wanted to see it since I saw the trailer. It was definitely an Oscar bait but they didnt take it. Quite nice tearjerker if you're a sensitive person.
July 12, 2018
Wonder is an excellent coming-of-age story that has a broader message of tolerance and open-mindedness, however, often fails to explore its characters in much depth. The good news is that the film is all good fun while it is happening. Its ticks all the boxes in terms of emotional, syrupy and courageous moments. However, it all feels very inconsequential and, in a way, fake. Stephen Chobsky gives these characters fairly predictable arcs, which, again, play out well in the film itself, however, left me quite underwhelmed after viewing. Many of these characters are cartoonish and have the depth of a cardboard box. Wonder is one of the those films that one may enjoy more one time than another. While it may be fulfilling while watching, it is ultimately a predictable and fabricated film afterwards.
June 28, 2018
Good film. Very entertaining. Had to take points off for some deus ex machina usage and for some awkward child acting. But I had to add points because my son loved it so much that he asked to watch it again the next night.
½ June 26, 2018
Heart-warming family portrait about strength and self confidence. There is never anything at stake really, so it's not a really exciting movie to watch. But kudos to Jacob Tremblay for playing such a demanding role.
June 26, 2018
this fucking good movie, you must watch this movie.
June 20, 2018
Filled with really good performances, understanding of characters, and a very important message to kids, Wonder is a heartwarming and inspirational story.
June 15, 2018
One of the best movies of 2018
½ June 11, 2018
Frankly when this film first came I had attitude about. Another annoying inspirational film that is not only manipulative but Predictable too. So much to my surprise I actually really got into this movie. The narrative was told in a fresh way AND THE ACTING WAS TOP NOTCH.. I CRIED AND CHEERED
June 10, 2018
The film obviously rides the thin line between sappy and uplifting; and doesn't bother trying to be subtle about it. Life is never this perfect; but this movie is a "wants-to-be realistic" fantasy and thus, more wondrous than superhero flicks.
½ June 10, 2018
Wonder is the epitome of the feel good film. It's very enjoyable with a solid social message. But it's a little too sentimental and safe to truly soar. The story of Augie is an important one. Be kind and don't discriminate and there is a big heart on display. But in the end it skates a little too close to feeling too manipulative.
June 10, 2018
I love every part of this movie!
June 10, 2018
that was a wonderful movie. i'm from iran and i liked that so much. thanks from maker...
June 6, 2018
2018-6-1 I started crying from the beginning, especially when Daisy girl didn't come home with the parents. Daisy was a true friend. I miss my Abaobao. Fortunately there were many good people around Auggie.
The Dad - You will feel you're all alone, but you're not.
When given the choice between being right or being kind, choose kind. - Wonder, 2017
June 4, 2018
Es simplemente la mejor pelýcula para ver en familia de los ¨ltimos tiempos.
June 3, 2018
Movie night with Iris.

Every now and again you pick a weepie to keep the wife &/or daughter(s) happy. Everyone is dialing it in here, and it's manipulative as hell. However there's enough charm to keep you watching. But Eric Stoltz in Mask is a lot better.
½ June 1, 2018
One of my all time favorite movies! GREAT movie!
May 25, 2018
Inspiring and very exciting, Wonder makes us see that life is wonderful and we must make the most of it.
May 23, 2018
I loved this movie! It was such a beautiful story and it really pulls you in.
May 22, 2018
"Wonder" is an infectiously sweet movie that is almost guaranteed to warm your heart. Jacom Tremblay does an outstanding job playing the loveable and empathetic main character. The movie shows a message that has been done a multitude of times but it is handled with creativity and strong characters. While the film hits many predictable notes, you can't help but smile as your heartstrings are pulled by various moments throughout. Overall, it is a heartwarming and positive movie that is great for all ages.
May 12, 2018
Great story with a valuable lesson about accepting people for what they are and not what they look like.