The Wraith - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Wraith Reviews

May 7, 2017
Hokey plot and acting, featuring a Randy Quaid dripping with enough sarcasm to quench the thirst for an 80's cheese fest you didn't know you had.
March 5, 2017
Honestly, I thought this was going to be another cheesy 80's movie (from the first 15 minutes you will see why), but I was pleasantly surprised! I normally judge movies pretty harshly and this one DOES have a low rating according to critics, but the audience gave it a decent rating, and since I'm audience, I agree with them. Sheen was great in this film and the car was badass!
February 21, 2017
Movie was so cool when I was 10. Movie is so cheesy now in my late 30s. Brought back childhood memories.
February 4, 2017
Greatest movie of all time!
½ January 26, 2017
The reason I decided to watch this movie was, when I watched the trailer, I thought that I hadn't actually seen it. Then again, the trailer I found, on this site here actually, was the first scene of the movie. It didn't actually show anything else. I'm 100% positive that I could have found an actual trailer for the film on YouTube, but I just didn't look for one. But, really, this is a movie about a guy who comes back form the dead, who has access to a supernatural car, to take revenge of those who murdered him. Of course I was gonna watch this sooner or later. So, color me surprised, that I actually have seen this movie before when I was much younger, I just didn't remember the movie's name. I don't wanna say I have fond memories of this movie, because I can't even remember if I liked it or not. But I do have very vivid memories of this and some of its scenes. It was almost as if I had watched it multiple times. I don't remember specific dialogue or anything like that, but some of the racing scenes are burned in my mind for some reason. And the scene where Gutterboy and Skank are killed in a huge explosion, I certainly remember that one as well. If there's any reason to watch this movie, it's really because it's about as campy as 80s movies get. Over-the-top villain, ridiculous acting, 80s hair metal soundtrack. What else can one ask for??? This film mixes elements of Knight Rider, Robocop and Mad Max to tell its ridiculous story and, for the most part, it's an entertaining watch. Though, you may ask yourself why I gave it an average rating if I was entertained by it. And to that I say that the film felt a little too one-dimensional for it to get a better rating. Not to mention the fact that the racing scenes were all the same, regardless of who was involved. Another thing is the fact that the movie says that Charlie Sheen is the star of the movie, but there's a big chunk of the film where he doesn't appear. Almost as if he wasn't even on set for one reason or another. If I were to quantify how much Charlie actually appeared on-screen, I'd say it was around 40% and maybe that's even too enthusiastic of a percentage. That's not really that much of a problem, because Charlie didn't actually add much anyway. He just didn't really seem to care, if you look at his performance. The only reason he was there was to make out with Sherilyn Fenn, who is absolutely gorgeous in this movie. Not the best actress here, but thankfully she improved later in her career. And that's another thing, the romance between Fenn and Sheen's character is so underdeveloped it's not even funny. The characters have literally nothing in common other than the fact that they find each other attractive. They don't spend any time getting to know each other, they just get right down to business. And I get that, you have a very limited time to tell your story, but at least make some sort of effort to tell a believable romance between then two. Then again, the movie is about a guy who comes back from the dead, in another body, to gain revenge on those who murdered him while using a supernatural vehicle. Realism CLEARLY wasn't an important part of the story. Like I said though, even with that, I found the movie to be just some good, campy fun even with its flaws. I don't really know what else to say about this that hasn't already been said. The acting is so-so, the characters are stereotypes, the action is repetitive, but there's a charm to this movie that can't be denied. And that makes it far more watchable. I wouldn't recommend it, but it's a campy good time if that's what you're looking for. This is an average movie at best.
October 21, 2016
The best! And still the best :)
½ September 18, 2016
I was able to give this one a look via cable recording not too long ago, and I was fairly engaged with it. The idea that a remote town somewhere in the desert is plagued by this cartoonish gang is a bit of a stretch, because I was waiting for the equally cartoonish and stereotyped character of Badass Sheriff to step in and blast everyone, Wild West Style.

It's worth a look if you have an afternoon to kill, give it a spin.
August 29, 2016
One of my all time fav 80's flicks
August 22, 2016
Love this film and even now 25 years after i first watched it the car is special ....
July 13, 2016
This is one of these movies that all critics hated that if u love cars u can't help but to love it, this is not a good movie, but some how it's one of those movies that are awesome. It's so bad it's awesome. I recommend watching this movie at lest once Charlie Shane character was very rememberable disputed hardly being in it its like he had it all figured out just watch it
½ June 12, 2016
6/12/2016: Not a great movie by an means, but still an entertaining 80's supernatural thriller.
June 11, 2016
Best cheesy 80s movie ever made. Great score, few mistakes and it's generally a fun film. Do recommend.
½ December 16, 2015
A guilty pleasure...
October 23, 2015
This is probably the best movie I ever seen.
October 16, 2015
Kind of bad, but interesting and funny because of it.
October 13, 2015
I completely loved this movie. The plot is interesting. The revenge storyline was actually done well. The races are fun. It's a simple but effective film. Definitely a fun watch. The plot is completely illogical but it's just cool.
½ July 13, 2015
Very old and cheesy movie with Charlie Sheen! It has a moment or two worthy of entertainment value, but mostly...I found it to be awful. The acting in this film is laughable in parts...but, some could argue that it adds to the charm.
May 21, 2015
Cheesy sci-fi B movie entertainment with a young Charlie Sheen.
½ March 21, 2015
Reminds me of "The Car"
March 16, 2015
Bad acting but liked the story.