Wrong - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wrong Reviews

½ January 19, 2017
3.7/5

Wrong doesnt that much to it beyond the almost impossibly unique vision of Quention Depieux, but that vision alone is what makes the film and absolute blast to sit through just to attempt to grasp at the insanity that it presents.
½ December 27, 2016
The silly plot remains mostly intriguing, with a pileup of Lynchian and Kaufmanian nonsense that proves to be quite amusing and hilarious, even if it doesn't have anything intelligent or consistent to say and actually feels a bit longer than it is.
December 24, 2016
Seems everything is wrong, but in a funny way.

Surely a much better film than the previous one by the director. 'Rubber' had the innovation, but the type of dark comedy was not for everyone, especially not for me, though I appreciated the effort. I liked this one, it was simple and slow yet they knew how to end it. It had twists and turns, but the small ones. Plus, the actors were very good. So it's a decent indie film, feels like I might have rated it low.

A man wakes up in the morning to find his dog gone missing. But as his neighbour advised him, he proceeds his rest of the day thinking the dog would come back and it does not. So he goes after some mysterious message and learns it has to do with his dog's missing. He follows all the instruction and waits for a good news, but what happens at the end is a little surprise.

Apart from the snail pace which actually deliberately done, definitely the film can be enjoyed. Not easy to understand the meaning of the title, but that's what this film is about where everything seems wrong. If you decide to watch it, forget the logics, sit back and enjoy it. Because you won't see films like this everyday. I suggest it for those who are looking for a break from the regular comedies.

6/10
September 23, 2016
For those of us who appreciate such things, this delightfully absurdist film is full of wit, and offers surreal commentary on the human condition which might even be considered thoughtful and perceptive.
September 1, 2016
Wrong is weird in any sense, absurd, crazy and in a small portion funny. A certain style in the cinematography is withheld throughout the movie, with a personized frame-focus, blurring the world around the in-logical events which are occuring one-by-one. It creates its own universe, though not a too-tempting one.
½ March 19, 2016
One of the weirdest films I've ever seen! Worth watching, simple storyline but with very surreal shots
October 4, 2015
This is as close to "trying too hard" as one gets in movie form. I should have reviewed this right after watching, but I didn't. So not having watched it in a while, my memory was hazy. I really don't like his films it turns out. They try too hard to be weird. It's like a level above Wes Anderson of trying too hard, where Wes Anderson is all about apathy, this one's all about enigma. It's like those people who act purposely not funny and antagonistic since that's their shtick and you're supposed to recognize the irony of it and find it funny because of it.

The trailer is misleading and that's what hurt it for me. I was expecting a mile/minute weird fest that only in the end would make sense. Instead, it was more like a snail's pace with too much set up to the joke and not a strong punch line, kind of annoying you in the process. It's a lot like Napoleon Dynamite, and that's not a compliment. That movie was garbage. It's a hipster movie, you know the types that try too hard, but are made to make the dumb people feel like their in on the intelligent joke since the joke is that there isn't a joke, which by the way isn't a joke, it's lazy. It's like the worst lazy person, who does so much to save time later, but wasted more time in the set up that he didn't realize he did more work to prevent doing work. These movies are hard to do, cerebral is a tricky beast, and this director hasn't mastered it.
May 29, 2015
Quentin Dupieux's experimental film is something completely unique. It features a surprisingly committed performance in what can only be described as Surrealist take on modern life captured within a simple story of nice guy just trying to find his beloved pet dog. It is an odd, twisted, frustrating, funny and often disturbing journey that stand completely alone. Great film!
May 11, 2015
Ugh. Could not stay awake.
½ February 27, 2015
I'm all for absurdist and experimental films but what's the point when there's nothing to say?
February 25, 2015
I remember seeing this movie a few years back but don't remember much. I know I enjoyed it and was amazed by it.
½ November 16, 2014
Another weird abstract film from Quentin Dupieux. I did not like this as much as 'Rubber.'
½ November 15, 2014
This is a totally insane and original film, I i dug it, but not everyone will. I don't even know how to describe it. For the adventurous only!
½ November 11, 2014
Wrong doesnt quite work the pacing is off though the parts that work are great and hint at what could have been fantastic you can be weird but its got to feel like it adds up to something I watch lynch over and over because I want to see if i`ll discover something new from each viewing,I need a little more than no reason philosophy when returning to this
Harlequin68
½ October 28, 2014
In "Wrong," Dolph(Jack Plotnick) is having a bad start to his day. To start with, his dog has gone missing. Then, his palm tree has mutated into a pine tree. His gardener Victor(Eric Judor) says he can fix the problem but it will cost $500. On the plus side, Emma(Alexis Dziena) takes a liking to Dolph after he calls the pizza place where she works to complain about the lack of logic in the company's mascot. So much so, that she sends him a free pizza with a note inside.

Look, I understand if Quentin Dupieux's films are not for everyone. But I think his brand of surrealism works well in this story of an office drone whose life and routine get shaken up more than a little which is a good thing, considering he still goes to work everyday even though he was fired months ago.(Sort of like Gregor Samsa when he got turned into an insect which Franz Kafka thought was funny because he still worried about getting to work.) Another way of looking at "Wrong" is how weird the world really is and how we should really just sit back and enjoy it.
September 26, 2014
after the bizarre classic 'Rubber', i had high hopes for Dupieux, and when i heard Plotnick is in it i was literally bouncing on my sofa like Mr.Cruise...but boy this movie is a let down. i mean its equally as weird as Rubber but it lacks the gripping social commentary Rubber made about voyeurism and movies in general, this one is a plain drag.
September 22, 2014
If "Rubble" is "no reason" . "Wrong" same too.
July 28, 2014
a unique symbolic expressions of existence. surreal emotional realism with another great sound track
½ July 6, 2014
Half a star! This movie is so wrong.
July 5, 2014
Wrong is more boring than it is Interesting. It's attempt at 'peculiar' comes off as gobbledygook... even poppycock.(i used a thesaurus)