The X-Files: I Want to Believe (The X Files 2) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The X-Files: I Want to Believe (The X Files 2) Reviews

½ February 7, 2017
Beeem mediano. Parece um episódio estendido, e não um filme. Esqueci dele assim que subiram os créditos. Uma pena.
January 17, 2017
I don't know why this was so poorly reviewed by critics generally. Perhaps people were expecting this to finally tie up all the loose plot threads the show left undone. Instead, this is a standalone suspense mystery that plays out like a director's cut of a good episode. It's genuinely scary, it's pretty well-acted, it's smart and unsettling. And as much as I tire of George W. Bush jokes, there's one here that's quite clever. All in all, if you like The X-Files, or if you just like to get creeped out, it's hard to go wrong here. ***1/2 (out of five) Rated PG-13 for moderate profanity and some violence.
January 5, 2017
I don't care if it's crappy. I'm enough of an X-Files fan to want to go see it anyway. I would have seen it in theatres if my ex hadn't gone nuts, but that's hardly a new story.
September 16, 2016
The X-Files: I want To Believe (2008)
Starring: David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson, Amanda Peet, Billy Connolly, and Alvin "Xzbit" Joner
Directed By: Chris Carter
Review
To Find The Truth You Must Believe
O my god, I don't understand why fans of the show don't like this movie because I love it! Most fans of the show don't like this movie because it wasn't about aliens. And for them I have one question, who gives a crap! The show was never about aliens it was about the paranormal in general hell we didn't even see an alien until like what season four or even the first movie, plus it mostly centered on Mulder and Scully's relationship investigating the paranormal.
The film is about our two agents Mulder and Scully being called for help on the FBI for a case with a series of unexplained murders with a man who is having visions. Scully is being tested with both her faith in God and science because of this man as she tries to save a boy she is nursing and save Mulder.
The film does have a plot that is very interesting, because it keeps you shrouded in mystery and you never what's coming until the end. I would also like to point that it was half of the time Scully who needed the saving throughout most of the show and in the last movie. I won't spoil the ending but it's a great send off to the case.
The cast and the performances from this movie were utterly good and joining our famous agents we love so much were cast members Amanda Peet, Alvin "Xzbit" Joner and Billy Connolly who I found too be good as well, especially Billy and Amanda they stood out most when it came to new characters.
The movie is more in tone with the "Monster of the Week" episodes from the series and those were always my favorite. One about a man who could control electrical items, fire, a kid who made his fears come to life and my favorite a fast food clerk who was an ancient creature eating brains.
A big question is answered for both Mulder and Scully in this movie do they believe or do they just want to believe? I was introduced to The X-Files by a good review for this movie and when I found the show on Netflix and the chronological order of the movies and where they came in between the shows I watched it all just to get to here and it's been a blast. And I have grown to love all the characters from the series. Nothing more for me to say to say can't for the mini series, hope after that they make a third movie and screw the haters of this movie because I'm giving The X-Files: I Want To Believe a five out of five.
July 21, 2016
I now know what everyone wants to believe, that there will be a well acted and well directed movie that will actually get good reviews. But hey, they tried, and some say that's all that matters.
½ July 17, 2016
This would've been better as an episode on the show.
July 3, 2016
Aside from Duchovny and Anderson's prodigious chesmitry, there's little to work with in I Want To Believe, a confusing and highly convulted thriller within its themes and ill realized script, and might be the proof that the franchise doesn't translate from its groundbreaking TV predecessor to the big screen as greatly as one would have thought.
½ April 24, 2016
I thought this movie was better than the first one. It seemed to flow better given its setting (after the TV series had ended), though there were still things that were simply inserted in the movie without explanation. Still, all-in-all, not bad.
½ April 4, 2016
It's like someone summarized the main three characters from the TV show, never mentioned what the X files were or anything about aliens or conspiracy and they wrote the plot without any broader understanding of the context. If it had been a stand alone movie, it would still be pretty terrible, but it certainly did nothing to resolve the ridiculous season 9 plot or shittastic series finale.
½ February 24, 2016
Wow was this bad. Like, not even creature of the week, filler episode bad.
February 16, 2016
Would have been a pretty good two-parts episode of the show. As a big movie it's a little underwhelming and stuck in the same handful of places over and over. At least the showdown is wonderfully creepy and the final frame pretty strong.
February 14, 2016
you know what? I really like it the second time. the monster story was fine, although the plot lines were maybe a little too conveniently tied together.what I liked the most was the evolution of the relationship between the lead characters, I could see it the first time, but the state of their relationship was much clearer the second time. anyway, chemistry guys. still there.
½ February 8, 2016
Way too much backlash for this movies, there isn't really anything wrong with it besides the fact that its more of an extended tv episode. But it has been 6 years, so who cares?
February 6, 2016
(Since I don't plan on watching this movie, I'll use this review to remind myself which episodes I enjoy throughout the seasons of the series in order to avoid boring ones; as well as place them in an order that makes plot-driven sense to me.)

-------------------------------------------------

"I have plenty of theories."

SEASON 1
1, 4, 7, 2, 3, 11, 6, 14, 16, 20, 21, 17, 8, 24

"[Mulder,] you are upsetting me... on several different levels."

SEASON 2
1, 2, 3, 4, 5/6, 8, 10, 16/17, 23, 25

"I was a dead man. Now I'm back."

SEASON 3
1, 2, 15/16, 23, 4*, 17, 12, 13, 20, 9/10, 24?

"Motives are rarely unselfish."

SEASON 4
1?, 8/9?, 20*, 4, 19, 12, 14, 21?, 24

"Scully, you haven't seen America until you've seen it from a train."

SEASON 5
1, 2, 4, 10, 12*, 5, 6/7, 19, 11, 20?

"There IS no Truth!"

FIGHT THE FUTURE?

"I don't get it. Why would the government want to turn Scully into a bimbo?"

SEASON 6
1, 2, 8, 3, 9, 6, 4/5, 14, 20, 11/12?

(17?, 21?)

"Extraordinary men are always most tempted by the most ordinary things."

SEASON 7
16, 6, 8, 12, 19, 21

(10/11?, 22?)

*Favorites
½ February 4, 2016
This movie lacked that X-file charm
February 1, 2016
Shockingly, by standards of film history in its entirety, an improvement upon the original film. I suppose it should be, considering the ten years that have passed since, but boy-oh-boy was I surprised, and pleasantly so. The film is meticulous, wonderfully well-acted (seriously - better than the show ever was) and it has a classic "X-Files" story. People have complained that this one's not about aliens or monsters or anything truly outrageous, but they're wrong. It's about all of those things and more, and it also has some real balls when it comes to serious issues (I would say more, if I were a prick like most people and liked to give away plot points in my dog-pissing-itself elation). See it. Its detractors are either faking it or on crack.
½ January 31, 2016
Maybe a good plot for the tv series, but on the big screen?
½ January 27, 2016
It doesn't quite live up to the cinematic height of "Fight the Future", but it is nevertheless a solid thriller with the returning duo in top form and more amusingly in a different place in their lives. The plot is indeed more a footnote however lacking a grander scale which makes it more like a 108 minute long TV episode with a "movie" sheen over it.
½ January 23, 2016
I Always Loved The X-Files...!!!!!