The X-Files - Fight the Future Reviews

• Aug 24, 2020

I'm skeptical about how newbie-friendly this movie is, despite reassurances from Chris Carter and company. Not to mention how The X-Files movie feels more like a 2-hour-long episode of the show (the show's cinematic presentation certainly doesn't help in making the movie feel redundant). Nevertheless, the retroactively subtitled Fight the Future still has all the right ingredients - the two leads' dynamic, an effective atmosphere, thrilling "action movie-style" sequences - to make it worth watching for anybody who has stuck with the iconic television duo Mulder and Scully over the past 5 seasons. It's a glorified extended episode sure, but it's a very enjoyable extended episode that resolves some plot threads whilst setting up a few new conflicts for season 6.

• Jun 12, 2020

3.5/5. Entertaining and it's fun to see these characters on the big screen, but it doesn't make a ton of sense, even if you've seen every episode.

• Jun 02, 2020

Bigger than a TV double-episode yet not quite feature film-worthy, this X-Files entry nevertheless delivers the expected twists and turns from the usual cast of characters. Worth a watch from those who aren't confirmed fans of the TV series. And it's great to see the late Martin Landau in action.

• Jan 17, 2020

While some may view this as simply a longer more expensive episode of the television series, I would argue that it was an essential one. The content and plot would have been lost in a regular episode and a ‘made for tv' movie would have been an insult to fans and the show itself. This is, to this day, one of the best viewing opportunities the X-Files has to offer!

• Dec 02, 2019

At the time — it was fun. I'm a huge x files fan and I enjoy this movie. The films look and feel is very similar to the tv show. They didn't take any huge risks, and in a way these interstitial movie TV movie things constrain the story telling into a balancing act which is trying to appease both new comers and seasoned fans of the tv show. There are many tv episodes of the show that I consider to be better films than this. This is just a big budget 2 hour episode, and not a bad one. But there are stand alone episodes of the TV show which are better films than this.

• Oct 24, 2019

Feels like a longer and shinier episode between the seasons. As me and my wife is going through all the x-files seasons and movies it was a must watch for me, She did not like it as much tho.

• Mar 29, 2019

An interesting and intense ending to the 5th Season and beginning to the 6th.

An interesting and intense ending to the 5th Season and beginning to the 6th.

• Mar 11, 2019

One of the best movies of all time!

One of the best movies of all time!

• Oct 31, 2018

Finally the famed TV show debuts on the big screen. Does one have to be a watcher of the show to better appreciate this film? Nope. The script can be followed by someone with literally no previous knowledge of the characters or situations. FBI special agents Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) and Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson) are introduced as any motion protagonists might be, and we're presented with bits and pieces of information about their background through cleverly constructed dialogue. Plot Wise this film has similarities to Charlie Sheen's The Arrival. Both the leads are completely at home and I am happy to say that even non X Files fans will have a good time and appreciate the film.

• Jul 14, 2018

As a big fan of the show, I loved the movie and saw it on opening night. Nothing but love for this film.