Year One - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Year One Reviews

November 7, 2016
This movie was awesomely funny. One of my all time favorites. Love it. Laughed hard the whole movie
½ October 9, 2016
Halirious movie dispute it's terrible reviews
September 15, 2016
Watched this again last night fast forwarding through the murder of Abel, Abraham and Isaac scenes and a few others. So many great lines and big laughs that it is climbing up there on my high comedy hit parade. It is just that the lows were awfully low and last half lags but knowing that gives the rest of it life.
August 26, 2016
Jack Black and Michael Cera are a pair of amiable losers traveling through the earliest chapters of the Bible, yet speaking in modern lingo about modern concepts. I thought this movie was laugh-out-loud hilarious!
½ February 19, 2016
Love both actors, but this is about the WORST Hollywood movie I've seen--REALLY! !
February 15, 2016
This is one of my favorite movies! Hilarious throughout, from open to close!
January 24, 2016
I'm going to be honest, this movie is just hilaurous, obviously is not for every one, soo sit down and enjoy
January 21, 2016
I'm not even sure why I love this movie so much. I'm a big fan of Jack Black, but I don't know if that fact justifies how many times I've watched this. It was free on YouTube for a while, so I watched it every day for a time. I even rented it once. I could watch it a million times. What's wrong with me?
January 9, 2016
Saw this once...never again...never again!
½ December 31, 2015
I didn't ever believe people that this was as lame as it turned out to be. Oh well.
September 24, 2015
This is the worst film ever made...
August 21, 2015
Ok so I like anything that pokes fun at religion... This movie pokes a little fun at a lot of bible stories mashed together into a loose pile of story. What makes this movie funny is the great actors doing ad-lib throughout. One question about God right quick. If in the beginning there was nothing and God said "Let there be light" and there was, then.... What was there to look at?
August 18, 2015
Wait, Harold Ramis directed this film? The Harold Ramis (Ghostbusters,Caddyshack, Groundhog Day) That Harold Ramis? Look, I know it's possible for a great director to make a bad movie, but this is a really poorly executed film, it lacks anything that all the great Ramis' comedies had.
August 1, 2015
REALLY WANT TO SEE TAHT!
July 23, 2015
Fully as bad as I was expecting, but I wanted to give it a try cause I like the people involved. It has a really weird tone, it appears at first to be a Stone Age cave man comedy, but then it's sort of a Bible comedy that also includes the Roman Empire. More importantly, it's just not funny. Most of the jokes fall flat and are pretty lame. The movie also feels more like a set of sketches very thinly tied together than a coherent movie. Sort of like an extended SNL sketch that isn't all that funny to begin with but then is stretched out to movie length.
June 9, 2015
Year One is unbearable. It's so unfunny and stupid that watching it is truly painful. Michael Cera yet again plays his usual awkward, dorky self. It's beyond annoying.
½ May 28, 2015
Irritatingly unfunny. Never once did I laugh
April 5, 2015
This abortion would have been better terminated before it was conceived. Disappointed with everyone involved in the film.
March 21, 2015
I loved it! It's strange how people can have totally different opinions. Reviewers say it is too scatological. There was a gross-out fart scene,( and yet Blazing Saddles considered a classic for the same thing.) But the other raw references were comedic jabs at confounding social customs like circumcision and eunics. And I thought the writing and the acting was hilarious. Go figure!
March 2, 2015