Year One - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Year One Reviews

November 3, 2017
I don't understand how this movie got such a bad rating, cause this movie is one of my favorite comedies. The 2 main characters have very good chemistry and humor, plus there are also other characters that will make you laugh. If you like the type of movie that has ridiculous type funny and lovable losers, then give this one a try. I'm still waiting for Year Two!!!!
½ October 22, 2017
A decently humorous first thirty minutes don't make up for the remaining hour of pure, unfunny and crude boredom!

1.5/5 stars
October 19, 2017
For some reason, this film was lambasted. I find it entertaining, quite funny, and never had a problem with it. It's far better than many "hit" comedies. The biblical settings, oddball characters, and fish out of water story work for me. Give it a try. Far better than the lousy ratings indicate.
August 27, 2017
Not something you'd expect from Ramis - who's resume includes those of Caddyshack, Animal House and Groundhog Day.
August 2, 2017
I expected it to be terrible. Instead I ended up laughing out loud several times. It's silly and ridiculous and very funny at times. I'd watch it again.
July 31, 2017
Loved it! Great cast and all the absurd hilarity that makes for constant laughs!
June 15, 2017
just rubbish, what a waste of a good idea.
May 17, 2017
A tragically underrated comedy. At times it's crude and at times it's a little raunchy, but it's consistently hilarious. I'm not the biggest fan of either Jack Black or Michael Cera, but they play their roles well in Year One.
November 7, 2016
This movie was awesomely funny. One of my all time favorites. Love it. Laughed hard the whole movie
½ October 9, 2016
Halirious movie dispute it's terrible reviews
September 15, 2016
Watched this again last night fast forwarding through the murder of Abel, Abraham and Isaac scenes and a few others. So many great lines and big laughs that it is climbing up there on my high comedy hit parade. It is just that the lows were awfully low and last half lags but knowing that gives the rest of it life.
August 26, 2016
Jack Black and Michael Cera are a pair of amiable losers traveling through the earliest chapters of the Bible, yet speaking in modern lingo about modern concepts. I thought this movie was laugh-out-loud hilarious!
½ February 19, 2016
Love both actors, but this is about the WORST Hollywood movie I've seen--REALLY! !
February 15, 2016
This is one of my favorite movies! Hilarious throughout, from open to close!
January 24, 2016
I'm going to be honest, this movie is just hilaurous, obviously is not for every one, soo sit down and enjoy
January 21, 2016
I'm not even sure why I love this movie so much. I'm a big fan of Jack Black, but I don't know if that fact justifies how many times I've watched this. It was free on YouTube for a while, so I watched it every day for a time. I even rented it once. I could watch it a million times. What's wrong with me?
January 9, 2016
Saw this once...never again...never again!
½ December 31, 2015
I didn't ever believe people that this was as lame as it turned out to be. Oh well.
September 24, 2015
This is the worst film ever made...
August 21, 2015
Ok so I like anything that pokes fun at religion... This movie pokes a little fun at a lot of bible stories mashed together into a loose pile of story. What makes this movie funny is the great actors doing ad-lib throughout. One question about God right quick. If in the beginning there was nothing and God said "Let there be light" and there was, then.... What was there to look at?