Yes Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Yes Man Reviews

½ September 8, 2017
Jim Carrey shows that he still has what it takes to be funny in a wacky comedy. Very amusing. (First viewing - In my mid-twenties)
September 6, 2017
Yes Man is intermittently funny and Jim Carrey is as charming as ever but its predictability, similarities to Liar Liar which I haven't seen in a long time and cliched execution fail to make the film truly live to the potential of its "memoir-based-although-the-movie-story-is-fictional" premise. I was interested in the romantic aspect of the story but I feel like a lot more could've been done so that it could become one of the best comedies of 2008. I think I'll just stick with Get Smart instead starring Carrey's buddy Steve Carell and which also happened to have been released in 2008, distributed by Warner Bros. and has Terrence Stamp in it.
August 14, 2017
Though kinda forgettable, Yes Man is a movie with a few solid gags and a competent plot.
½ August 8, 2017
Predictable this movie may be, but its message is timeless and one I think I should consider taking on.
½ July 6, 2017
Carrey returns to comedy and shows that he's still got it. He and Deschanel are great and quirky together, providing the highlight of this film. The story is rather good, but predictable and a bit too similar to Carrey's old Liar Liar.
July 1, 2017
Haven't been much of a Jim Carey fan for a while, not for a long time, who's counting years? At first glance, this movie bored me, it had no traction. But wait, the yes moments started a titilation of reveals, turning Carrey's lifeless Carl Allen into one hot loving life go-getter! Carrey has got his mojo back and we want more!
June 24, 2017
I kinda liked that :) Jim is very resourceful and successful
June 19, 2017
Great funny movie journey of a man who says yes starring Jim Carey and the girl who stars in New girl. I normally hate love romance movies but this is really interesting and I want to see what happens. Jim Carey to me, is the greatest comedian of all time and anything he does is good, he doesn't have any bad movies. I enjoyed this movie and would definitely watch this movie again.
May 12, 2017
Fun movie. Worth a rent.
May 8, 2017
Not LOL-funny, but meh-funny. A 'Liar Liar' spin-off plot-wise, replete with signature ho-hum Jim Carey. I still enjoyed it; despite having spent the entire film lamenting the dangers of its basic premise.
½ May 2, 2017
Not the greatest Jim Carey movie, it's actually pretty bad, but it does have a good premise and a couple of funny moments.
March 29, 2017
I really enjoyed this film and found it to have several laugh out loud moments, it had a good premise and sent out a positive message. I also found his relationship with Zooey Deschanel very sweet.
½ March 26, 2017
3/24/2017: A pretty decent movie. A very good cast with some good funny moments.
½ March 12, 2017
Hilarious, look at a truthful liar...I mean lawyer!
January 19, 2017
Only 46%, may be the critics are not yes man at all , lol !
January 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ December 27, 2016
Jim Carrey is hilarious with his customary physical humor, but he can't do much to compensate for gags that are mostly poorly conceived or just ridiculous, not to mention a plot that borders on complete implausibility and is all about artificial conflicts.
September 13, 2016
Una commedia piuttosto prevedibile che porta sicuramente qualche risata. Il messaggio alla base del film molto bello e moderno, anche se poteva essere sfruttato meglio. Comunque senza troppe pretese resta un film apprezzabile.
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Loved it, I think everyone wanted to try it after watching this film, Jim plays his part really well, He's back to his best.
½ July 16, 2016
That was some pure Jim Carrey !! And a lovely Zooey Deschanel.
C'tait du pur Jim Carrey !! Et une charmante Zooey Deschanel.