You, Me and Dupree - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

You, Me and Dupree Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
May 13, 2012
You, Me and Dupree AI felt was a mediocre film with a few laughs, but in the end really didn't stand out. The film is funny, but I felt that something was missing to really make it special. I felt that the film could have been much better than it turned out to be. The films content was cliché and you could see it was struggling with its material in trying to create something good. However, the end result is a mediocre film with a few laughs. The cast aren't that great, but they do what they can to make this film work. Unfortunately, the result is a mediocre comedy. I feel that the film could have been much better than this, and it had a pretty good idea ruined by a poor script, and a mediocre cast. This film has a few laughs, but is never anything great. Like I said, the film could have turned out better. This is a forgettable comedy, one that doesn't stand out and isn't really worth watching again and again. There is something missing in this film to really make it stand out, and it doesn't do that. You, Me and Dupree is not worth your time, and there are better comedies out there for you to watch. If you want a mildly amusing film, then this is the film to watch. However the film doesn't stand out, and you're better off watching something else. This film is a prime example of a film that could have been good, but instead became a pointless, tiring film in the process. Comical, but it doesn't stand out. A mediocre cast and poor script rounds out this film, and makes this film a film not really worth seeing.
May 20, 2011
I debated if this movie was even worth rating, not really. Seth Rogen's brief cameo, as I refer to it as, is the only laugh during the whole two hours
DreamExtractor
½ August 15, 2011
A funny and interesting movie, but it really had nottory or point to it.
murphmann93
June 23, 2011
Very funny!
½ July 23, 2010
C+
January 18, 2010
It had potential, but ended up in a massive mud puddle at the end!
November 26, 2009
This is the king of comedies. Owen Wilson is the most priceless character ever. Randolph Dupree is a god among men. Everything from the plot to the characters is extremely well done. The story is just so original and refreshing, playing with situations that a lot of people can relate to.
December 31, 2006
A sort of mix of a few ideas from a few more successful rom-coms I felt. Has a few funny moments and a strong cast who are from some good comedies. Worth a watch but not a patch on the likes of Meet the parents.
August 18, 2009
I actually liked this movie a good bit....much better than the overrated Wedding Crashers
July 16, 2006
This comedy theoretically has all it takes: A promising set up situation, talented actors and all that jazz. Why the film doesn't work after all has several reasons: there aren't just too many jokes working, the characters of Carl and Molly take turns in being asses while Dupree remains the annoying but kind hearted idiot, which makes for rather predictable but not very believable developments. The result is not boring, but far from convincing. This could have been so much better, especially Owen Wilson has seen better days.
August 2, 2006
Not a side-splitting comedy, but has it?s fair share of comical moments. Owen Wilson?s character is truly annoying as the guest who has well and truly outstayed his welcome. This is one of those, sit back and relax, easy watching films ? perhaps a bit of a comedown for Michael Douglas and the character he plays, but an ok film to watch once.
Chiefilms
½ September 18, 2008
Nothing special about this, acting kind of dry from all parties, Michael Douglas is Michael Douglas that is about it.
July 16, 2008
Has it's rare moments but in the end it's just another lame US comedy with well known actors. Owen Wilson, who's really a funny guy, is really the only reason why you should watch this. Is that really a good reason? Wilson is more of a sidekick actor, he just doesn't have the important "it" factor. (Scary, that almost rhymed...)
thmtsang
June 24, 2007
funny movie about an unwanted house guest. Good cast.
May 17, 2008
Kind of silly, much funnier than I expected...but only if you wanna kill some time.
shauna1354
½ September 15, 2006
I really can't stand Owen Wilson, I'm not a fan of Kate Hudson and why Matt Dillon would want to act in a film like this is beyond me. The most funny thing about this is the strange and awkward performance from Michael Douglas, he was totally out of place. The jokes were barely laughable and jokes that you have seen in a dozen other movies. I'm completely angry at myself for losing an hour and a half of my life, when I could have been doing something worthy and life-changing. I now never want to watch anything with Owen Wilson in ever again, he's one of the most annoying actors out there and the fact that he plays an annoying character is double the painful viewing.
January 17, 2008
This movie is Hilarious from the moment it starts up, all the way until the end. I liked it so much, I watched it Twice, when it was in theaters!
½ August 9, 2006
Good movie. Funny and sweet while showing the true nature of how people react to stress.
½ October 24, 2006
Matt Dillon and Kate Hudson do their best with the flimsy source material, but Owen Wilson is just not a screen presence without a better lead like say Murray, Vaughn, or Stiller.
June 18, 2007
06/18/07 update: Hmmm, what was I thinking. Owen Wilson rarely does much no matter how much screen time he gets. . . . Well, one star each for Hudson and Dillon, and one star for Michael Douglas. What else to say . . . Oh, yes, to reiterate, Dillon really is getting better with age. Want to see it: Kate Hudson AND Matt Dillon? I'm there. Hope Wilson doesn't do too much damage.