Young Guns II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Young Guns II Reviews

March 5, 2017
This film is a childhood favourite of mine, so I might be biased, but as far as fun, shoot-em up westerns go, this one is high on my list. It is not an intellectual film, or experimental by any means, but the soundtrack will be stuck in your head for days, and there are enough interesting characters and guns (colt lightnings) to keep your attention. Personally, I love this version of Billy, despite its non-factual accuracy. It is a fun 90's western, simple as that!
February 19, 2017
This definitive modern western sequel far exceeds the scope and dramatic depth of the original. Very few cowboy films allow the modern viewer to so easily relate to this thoroughly mythified era of 19th century american history as this artistic and stylized gunslinger. In the second installment of the Young Guns duo-logy, we revisit the thoroughly flawed hero Billy The Kid, who despite successfully avenging his mentor, finds himself trapped eternally in a world where wild eyed youths adore him, yet New Mexico could never allow him to live.

This fantastical downward journey is both melancholy, and absurdly comical.The real Billy The Kid rode with a gang of 30 or more, and his partner Chavez Y Chavez was in reality a sociopathic murderer, as opposed to a Navajo savant. Yet, given the confines of hollywood films, here we expose in all of his possible guises, one of the most alluring wild west figures. We ride along with Billy the jokester, as he shows us the humanity and humor that might still exist in the rough and tumble, take no prisoners world of the Santa Fe ring.
June 9, 2016
Loved the cast, the loved the movie... at the time for me, very iconic characters (since I loved the first film).
October 20, 2015
The soundtrack is better than the movie.
September 2, 2015
No bad for a sequel to a good western!
½ June 18, 2015
no where near as good as the original
April 2, 2015
Sometimes the having a bad sequel ruins the originals name, and this is such a case. Young Guns is a classic western, YGII is a boring attempt to make a little more money by using the same name. The plot was weak, and the worst part was it completely contradicted the majority of the original story. Dont bother.
½ March 31, 2015
Everything that worked for the first tries but lies dormant on the floor in this sequel.
March 4, 2015
3/3/2015: Not near as good as the first film. Not as much action or humor.
February 21, 2015
i want to see it really bad
February 7, 2015
I wasn't a huge fan of the bookends, but the overall story was a decent companion to the original though obviously done by a different director over-trying to make this one better than the first one and coming slightly short. At least the survivors are brought back from the last movie and some new personalities are introduced as well. It's worthy of watching if you enjoyed the original Young Guns.
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
Okey sequel and i like both young guns movies alot ! Cool western and much action with great actors.
½ November 23, 2014
The dialouge is so bad I can't believe anyone approved the script.
½ March 30, 2014
Dissapointing sequel
March 5, 2014
Entertaining action scenes. Naturally fun movie in a slightly juvenile kind of way. Great soundtrack helps make the movie what it is. End and parts of the plot maybe weak but it is a wild ride modern western.
½ February 17, 2014
Fun from start to finish, what a movie..... "It's your gang Dave!"
½ August 18, 2013
A pretty solid 3-1/2 stars.
August 10, 2013
a really good western
July 25, 2013
liked this one a little bit more than the first.