Youth in Revolt - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Youth in Revolt Reviews

March 1, 2018
Hilarious when watched once every 9 years. Michael Cera has the funniest dialogue to be uttered from a 2009 teenager's mouth since ever. I don't think I've laughed harder, it ripens with age in the ways Napolean Dynamite has.
October 29, 2017
I liked this movie for its sensitive and funny story.
October 19, 2017
A decent look at young love, sex and drama.
August 1, 2017
"It's a wonder that humankind has constructed any kind of civilization with this monumental distraction at hand."
July 14, 2017
Hopefully a cult classic in the next 10 years.
March 17, 2017
Absolutely fantastic an fun, entertaining, clever, and interesting movie that gets my seal of approval, an instant cult classic.
½ January 24, 2017
Comfortably formulaic.
November 19, 2016
Seems very chauvinistic but the character development is interesting.
½ September 6, 2016
While it could have used a little more of François, "Youth in Revolt" is still an odd, charming and funny movie which is impossible to resist.
½ July 30, 2016
Nothing like what I was expecting, Wasn't funny in 80% of the film, A little weird in parts, I laughed a few times but the film is nothing special.
January 30, 2016
Funny, Educational, and kookie......
January 6, 2016
A so-so funny/so so predictable Michael Cera romcom.
½ October 20, 2015
Although it does have some disgusting jokes that might turn off some viewers, Youth in Revolt is a very smart and hilarious coming of age film that is held by the brilliant comedy of Michael Cera.

Grade: A-
October 16, 2015
In a kind of "Fight Club" meets "Rushmore" mish-mash, the film "Youth In Revolt" does merit offbeat laughs and high-art drama, but it also clearly seems like a condensed, streamlined film version of a novel with much more expressive scope to it.
½ October 4, 2015
Very quirky, but also funny and silly with a great cast of characters, each with their own eccentricities, and strong acting. Story is quite straightforward and nothing overly new, but the style keeps it fresh and the light tone keeps it comical and enjoyable throughout.
½ August 26, 2015
Super weird film but every second was intriguing. Zach Galifianakis's short time in the film was hysterical and Michael ceras two roles were excellent throughout.
July 16, 2015
Funny at times, worth a watch.
May 28, 2015
"I wanna wrap your legs around my head and wear you like the crown that you are." A perfect movie for Michael Cera, nice score solid direction.
March 10, 2015
I guess you could argue that the characters are unlikeable, the central relationship is absurd beyond the suspension of disbelief, that that's also an apt description of the scattered plot. But I laughed. A lot. Arteta's direction is so energetic and well-timed, and the performers so charming and committed, I was laughing at even the hoary old gags I saw coming a mile away. As far as comedy goes, it was a roaring success.
March 9, 2015
I definitely enjoyed this film, but it was a bit odd to be fair... I'm getting a bit bored of seeing Cera playing the same kind of role ALL the time no matter how endearing he is. I guess it was nice to see his bad side in Francois. The Anglo-Indian twerp I wanted to put through a window and say (posh voice) 'how's that for a random evacuation you odious nincompoop'. It was alright.