Zodiac - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Zodiac Reviews

April 24, 2017
The straightforward approach is crucial, because the movie is constantly doling out so much information -- so many names and places and theories to keep track of -- that it borders on the overwhelming. Occasionally, it's a little dull, too.
April 20, 2017
Despite knowing how this true story turned out (or at least how it did by 2007), I was still captivated and enthralled throughout the entire film. I couldn't wait to see where things would go. And I don't mean that in the sense that I just wanted to see what would happen at the end of the nearly three hour long run-time. I mean that I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen at the end of every minute.
March 31, 2017
A great procedural and meditation on obsession. This would make a great double bill with "All The President's Men" or "Close Encounters of the Third Kind". Incredible attention to detail, beautiful cinematography and strong performances across the board.
March 31, 2017
Mystique, exciting and real.
½ March 8, 2017
Pretty good film, highly fascinating. Half a point off for factual inaccuracies. A great work of fiction, but the truth of the Zodiac mystery is not found here.
March 6, 2017
A great American crime film. It takes the true story of the infamous Zodiac Killer and creates a narrative around it. The film's three part storytelling was both suspenseful and dynamic. The entire cast gave a great effort and made the experience all the more enjoyable. David Fincher's style was slightly tweaked to fit the time period, but it still is very much his film.
February 25, 2017
Such a great film. So many twist and turns! Thrilled from first minute to the last, such a surprising start!
February 21, 2017
David Fincher's typically outstanding grip for suspense and a trio of powerful performances make Zodiac a compelling crime thriller.
½ February 14, 2017
I didn't know there was such...
½ February 7, 2017
Based on the non-fiction book of the same name by Robert Graysmith. Zodiac tells the story of the manhunt for a notorious serial killer who called himself the "Zodiac" in and around the San Francisco Bay Area (America) during the late 1960s and early 1970s.
½ February 2, 2017
Zodiac is a dark, slow paced thriller that will have you guessing over and over again where is the plot going, all with great performances from its cast and excellent direction from David Fincher
January 17, 2017
Almost ten years after seeing this picture for the first time in 2007, I still find that multiple viewing of Zodiac is never an exhaust. This is a criminally underrated movie of all time. It under performed at the box office and was utterly ignored at awards. It does not play out like any serial killer films with vivid horrifying scenes but rather paints the picture with a realistic depiction of how characters involved trying to solve the crime by meticulous investigation. One of Fincher's best films after The Social Network and Fight Club.

Verdict: Four stars out of Four (A)
December 21, 2016
Dark and difficult to watch at times, but showcases much of David Fincher's grand directing talents !
½ December 14, 2016
Las mas de dos de metraje estan bien compensadas por la historia real sobre la angustiante caceria en pos de un asesino en serie. No pierda de vista al reparto.
December 10, 2016
Very long, sometimes twisty in plot
November 28, 2016
Need to watch it again
½ November 20, 2016
A very intense thriller featuring fantastic performances and a pretty accurate fact based tale.
November 19, 2016
you know it's a great movie when it's 2 hours and 42 minutes of mostly talking and you're not bored at any point in the movie. to say i was invested is an understatement. great cast, superb directing, and a very big story. After seeing this again, I realize that David Fincher is my second favorite director after Christopher Nolan (2 viewings)
½ October 28, 2016
Pretty crazy how Ironman and The Hulk working together with Donnie Darko couldn't manage to figure this one out.
October 22, 2016
A solid, intelligent thriller by Fincher that exemplifies quality filmmaking. Warm up the edge of your seat, cause that's where you'll be for the whole of this.