Zodiac - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Zodiac Reviews

½ January 17, 2018
Fincher combines his two apparent passions, truce crime and cinema, into an engrossing story that's equal parts obsession and frustration. Much like the case itself, the film is long, convoluted, and even aggravating. But it somehow still manages to be remarkably captivating.
½ January 8, 2018
Entertaining, but meandering and felt to me like it was lacking in resolution.
December 30, 2017
Ok dark movie starring jake gynhall, Robert Downey jr, and mark ruffalo. Aka iron man and hulk are in the same movie before the avengers came out. That's pretty much the only part of this film I really enjoyed but everything else, well and the cinematography is pretty good also but that pretty much sums it up. I felt bored and I wanted it to just end.
December 23, 2017
The investigation aspect was more interesting to me than the brutality so I was somewhat disappointed.
½ December 23, 2017
F

8.1

[David Fincher]
December 13, 2017
A fine portrayal of the true life events that occurred in the '70s.
December 3, 2017
The mix of rhythm, script, acting and photography. "Zodiáco" is another film by David Fincher that is not perfect, but also does not sin, approaching the story of a curious serial Killer, the film mixes nuclei and points of view, with many details, tension and a good direction, all this makes "Zodiáco" one of the best films of the American director. With more than two hours and socks of duration the script can not be dropped into monotony, and even when the same is repeated in ideas, is saved by the great performances, telling the story of a serial Killer that ravaged California during the 1960s and 70, the film little develops the killer because, it was never discovered that it really was, so we have a concentration in a journalistic nucleus and a police officer, the latter to support the first, and running out, we have a nucleus with more poetic freedom, which in the case, is the murderer, the script, even if one repeats ideas at times, has a spectacular rhythm, in addition to telling an extremely instigating story in an even more instigating way, through speculation, all 4 characters that involve the two core cores are well developed, in terms of script the work is not perfect, but it is well above average. The film flees in talking about some social issues in the middle of the way, like racism for example, does not end up not going that way, which is not bad, since it is difficult to focus on something other than "Zodiaco ", with a palette of gray but clear colors, the film transmits very well the 60s and 70s, in addition to centered camera angles, and always using plane against plane, the film direction is very good, the subjective camera is little used , but we have beautiful open plans, as well as a positioning in closed spaces that always goes through a "Sinister" climate. With a trio of actors that would come a few years later become synonymous of quality in the cinema, the performances are great and follow the whole. "Zoadico" is the right movie in the wrong year, released in 2007, a year where we had "Black Blood" and "Where the Stars Are". weak does not have "the film really you're kind of forgotten, but still. It's a complete work, besides being a good movie.
November 29, 2017
David Fincher reminded me why the Hollywood formula worked at some point. "Zodiac" was full of American quirks, but every single one of them was executed perfectly, so if you liked any of Fincher's earlier work (or the Korean "Memories of Murder") this will feel right at home, maybe even on par with "SE7EN". While it's still a typical American Investigation film, it's the best one I've seen in years.
½ November 24, 2017
"Zodiac" is a movie I was really interested in watching. It was all a big puzzle game but at times it was really difficult to completely follow because all the information came too fast to grasp. The performances were good with Jake Gyllenhaal really winning me over. It was too long for its own good and it never really managed to fully hook me in. It's a story that I find really intriguing and by the end of the movie it gave me some chills but I thought this movie was gonna really knock me over!
November 18, 2017
A gut-wrenching and quietly powerful thriller by the ever-brilliant David Fincher, this masterpiece delivers with amazing editing, mix-matched with striking performances from Jake Gyllenhaal, Robert Downey Jr., and Mark Ruffalo.
½ November 18, 2017
Very few moments of genuine tension that one would expect from a serial killer thriller. Also, sub-par acting from a great cast IMHO.
November 17, 2017
Who is Pepe Silvia!?

Those familiar with Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia will feel EXACTLY like Charlie did at the close of this movie. If you aren't familiar with IASIP reconsider your life choices....

This movie took source material from before my time and made it a chilling, thrilling, edge of your seat emotional rollercoaster of a movie. Once completing his movie I guarantee that you will want to start your own investigation into who is the Zodiac killer. The movie is a bit in the longer side ~2.5 hours, but that time FLIES by from the second the first phone call is made to Jake Gyllenhaal's house. The movie is expertly made by the always amazing David Fincher to be a larger than life retelling of one of the most notorious serial killers of the modern day.

Seriously, if you haven't seen this movie and somehow stumble on to my review... take the time and watch it. You'll be glad you did
October 29, 2017
Led by Oscar-worthy performances from Mark Ruffalo, Robert Downey Jr, and especially Jake Gyllenhaal, Zodiac forgoes fast-paced action and over-the-top gore, instead focusing on a character- and dialogue-driven story. The real events-based story has a surprising amount of humor sprinkled in, helping make this one of David Fincher's best.
October 11, 2017
One of the most under appreciated movies ever
½ October 5, 2017
The movie started out very interesting, and fast paced and by the end felt very dragged out. The movie could have been made shorter very easily. The acting was very good in parts and very spotty in others, all in all the movie was above average.
½ October 1, 2017
A thrilling tour de force, Zodiac is a clever, entertaining, and intriguing police procedural with a delicious 1970's edge to its filmmaking.
½ October 1, 2017
I was jonesing for more of Jake, after seeing Nightcrawler.

The film as a whole is incredible, resembling the likes of Seven. Jake gives a exceptional performance, accompanied by a great cast, playing a cartoonist with an ass that wont quit, you go girl. The film is a long one, so bare that in mind before watching it. It's a really interesting story, following the Zodiac killer.

I feel the film could be shorter in areas, there's 101 different twists and routes they go down. The films basically a long more information filled Seven, the story of a serial killer and those who try to capture him. Don't get me wrong, they're separately both great films, they just have a lot of similarities.

I'd recommend this film to anyone, period.
September 15, 2017
oke, fight club sama se7en itu masterpiecenya fincher, tapi Zodiac simply his best movies
September 14, 2017
Considering it's based on a true story, where they never caught the killer, this is actually a very exciting movie. The characters are well developed, and it's great to follow them over their lives of over a decade of trying to solve the case.
Moody and dark, but with flashes of humour when required, this film really exemplifies how to carry a plot. Gyllenhaal shines, as does Ruffalo, with Downey Jr coming in a close third for the best performance, they all just work so well together, showing the real frustrations of tracking a serial killer.
Great suspenseful watch, highly recommended.
Watched on the airplane coming back from Moncton (before connection in Montreal) after my cousin Beth's wedding, September 13, 2017
September 14, 2017
A+
Hyper-focused and unrelentingly intriguing, Zodiac is one of Fincher's most impressive films all while being one of his most haunting.