Castle Rock: Season 2 Reviews

• 11h ago

It's pretty clear the writers came up with one good idea for season 1 and are now just completely lost now that they have to make a season 2 because the show seems to have no idea what it wants to do. This was apparent right in the first episode where gone was the mystery and evil sensation of the first season, replaced by some of the most over the top unnecessary gore. Not even horror gore; That random kind of gore that isn't entertaining and is just a cheap move by the writers for lack of any worthwhile ideas. The show also displays it's lack of original ideas by having too many plots going on at once. There's nothing wrong with subplots and building character depth, but this show has it backward, giving 90% of the screen-time to two plots that *should* be subplots and turning what should be the main plot into some occasional happenstance that hardly progresses. The drama is interesting at times, but it drags on and on and we didn't come here to watch a family drama that could take place in Miami for all it matters. We came here for Castle Rock

• 1d ago

Absolutely love it. I tuned in because I thought it was an extension of season1. Season 1 story line was kinda blah and thought season 2 would give answers but oh well. Season 2 is amazing.

• 3d ago

A majestic second season, much better than the first. one of the best series of fear that I remember.

• 5d ago

Suffers from the same problem as season 1: Strong start that ultimately goes nowhere. Also, an anthology approach was a mistake for this series. Seems like Hulu doesn't know what makes shows good in the long run, and instead end up with tedious, repetitive storytelling without much of a story to at all, really (like Handmaid's Tale which turned from amazing in S1 to unbearably boring in S2).

• 6d ago

Love It! Must see it is worth watching. I liked season one but this season is off the charts.

• 6d ago

thought It was trash at first but it after episode 5 it has turned back to one of my favorite shows

• Nov 13, 2019

This season is taken to another level by Lizzy Caplan (the character Annie). Through six episodes there is an adequate sub-plot, a very solid supporting cast, yet the season come through as a character study. With a performance at first grounded in a commendable impression- of a younger Kathy Bates playing Annie - Lizzy Caplan's acting craft has taken flight by episode 6. She has been able to crescendo through a series of seemingly impossible climaxes, and lead us to believe in a character whose arc should have destroyed her yet instead left us with... Annie Wilkes. She now owns the character and to the incomparable Kathy Bates she is now paired. Let us hope the remaining episodes can continue to take us to new heights. If so we will have a new all-time TV classic to add to the list. If so we should expect more great things from Lizzy Caplan.

• Nov 10, 2019

The worst cast possible.....Anne's character was great, but she was surrounded by a ridiculous cast of stupid characters. On top of that, a contemporary setting. Should of been set before Misery, time-wise. What a waste of a good character!

• Nov 08, 2019

I loved the 1st season and was hooked from episode one. I quit after two episodes of season two. This is incredible slow and doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

• Nov 07, 2019

Better than season one! Love it!

Better than season one! Love it!