Veep: Season 7 Reviews

• Sep 21, 2021

Please come Back! The reality of this show happing now is just too real!

Please come Back! The reality of this show happing now is just too real!

• Jul 29, 2021

Show is truly missed

Show is truly missed

• Jul 11, 2021

An incredible ending to one of my all-time favorite tv shows. The culmination of Selina Meyer's descent to unredeemable, power-grabbing politician is perfectly crafted and given the emotional build-up that Daenerys never got in GOT. While the show sacrifices wittiness for wackiness, the writers were forced to out-do the craziness of real-life American politics. JLD's performance is amazing as always and knowing she came back from cancer treatment is even more impressive. Robbed of her seventh Emmy for this role.

• Apr 07, 2021

Veep Season 7 is a phenomenal ending to a phenomenal show. With great humor, uncountable 'laugh out loud' moments, and a racing train of a plot, this final season is the perfect conclusion to these backstabbing and evil characters. The most impactful part of this season is how similar it is to reality, sometimes bordering on scary. Veep will go down as one of the greatest comedies in history and Selina Myer will forever haunt audiences. I will miss this show so much!

• Mar 15, 2021

VEEP is scathingly mean and outrageously brash throughout it's seven season run. The writing is razor sharp and the characters are all delightfully awful and well-realized. It's a shame to see it go, but VEEP can ride into the sunset knowing that it could arguably lay claim to the title of best TV comedy of the past decade.

• Jun 12, 2020

I'm a huge Veep fan. So much so that I've watched the first 5 seasons twice. But the final season was absolutely terrible. And season 6 wasn't that great either - but at least it was still somewhat intriguing. The only explanation I can think of as to why so many are claiming season 7 was great is because we've all fallen in love with Veep over season 1-5 and some of us have lost all objectivity. I actually agree with the part of the RT critic consensus that reads this season is "Brash and bonkers as ever, Veep bows out with an unapologetically absurd final season..." the key words being: brash, bonkers and unapologetically absurd. The problem is these adjectives aren't necessarily a good thing. Part of what made Veep so magnificent is that it was able to provide a very plausible, realistic and extremely authentic feeling government and political fantasy world while injecting that world with absurdly audacious drama and genius comedy. But season 7 threw out all of the plausibility and just went with the absurd. The jokes were repetitive and way over the top in a low brow humor sort of way. The shock value of each joke diminished with every attempt because it felt like it was simply trying to top the absurdity of the last one. But after a while your senses simply become numb to the same formula. The drama unfolded in a way that killed any remaining sense of illusion that this political world could actually exist in real life. I can only compare this sort of series degradation to the Hangover movies. The first Hangover was genius. The sequels ran out of genius so their only option was to just be as absurd as humanly possible. It's a very cheap way to go but I guess it makes financial sense. Give the people what they want - right? Well in trying to appease the masses, Veep neglected its subset of fans that were genuinely invested intellectually in the Veep world for all these years and who actually appreciated the slow-burn of its political intrigue. We didn't want Family Guy. We didn't want Hangover 2. You let us down.

• Feb 13, 2020

The final season went out with a bang. This is how you take your final bow. Bravo!!!

• Nov 22, 2019

As Outrageous and honest as ever, Ianucci signs Veep off in fitting fashion, with his trademark acid wit, raunchy humour, and stone-cold satire ringing true —— along with Julia Louis Dreyfus, Chlumsky and Hale, who deliver a spellbinding swansong that will leave you in awe. Goodbye Selina... it's been political! Iroh's grade: A

• Nov 15, 2019

Amazing cast, amazing talent, all in all it was a fantastic show.

Amazing cast, amazing talent, all in all it was a fantastic show.

• Nov 03, 2019

How charmed a career has Julia Louis-Dreyfus had. She rolls from arguably the greatest sitcom of all time into another fantastic show. I was a big fan of the BBC show "The Thick of It" (run out and watch it if you haven't seen it) but Veep has actually managed to out snark that landmark TV show. Roger Furlong hilarious portrayed by Dan Bakkedahl is one of the most hilariously vicious characters ever dreamed up and Selina Meyer is not far behind. I'm imagining Iannucci's depiction is not that far off from the real Capitol Hill minus the wit.