Money Monster Reviews

• Oct 04, 2019

Has enough thrills to keep even the most finicky of movie-goers happy.

Has enough thrills to keep even the most finicky of movie-goers happy.

• Aug 03, 2019

What starts out as a tense and exciting film becomes a plodding drudge of a story that is barely held together by Clooney and Roberts.

• Jul 30, 2019

"Money Monster" is a decent hostage drama, not as threatening, but doesn't flog a corporate corruption, leaving a not-sharp premise. However, these elements went very smoothly because of Jodie Foster. Simple yet instance, takes us to the streets of New York, to become a witness and the resolution of the incident. Sounds silly, right? It's not really about economic but often keeps you on the edge of your seat.

• May 19, 2019

Majority of the film was good but that ending as very anti climatic

Majority of the film was good but that ending as very anti climatic

• May 13, 2019

Great topic but poorly executed with a terrible ending for the movie. Entertaining but nothing more

• Apr 13, 2019

Money Monster is a news show about the Wall Street numbers, one day Lee Gates (the presentator) keeps talking about IBIS bank and how great an investment is to put your money there. A short period after that show IBIS loses a large amount of money. One day a man who invested almost all his money in the IBIS bank (Kyle Budwell) takes the whole Money Monster crew hostage to get answers about the certain "glitch". First things first, I really enjoyed the acting in this movie. The characters were all very convincing and their own persons, so that was really great. I enjoyed the story as well, although it was a bit long which brought some unnecessary parts. Julia Roberts did a great job as Patty Fenn who is the director of the Money Monster show and really is just a very responsible, calm and smart woman. If it wasn't for her I think a lot who have gone wrong once the hostage situation started. George Clooney who plays Lee Gates (the presentator of the show) was a very interesting character throughout the whole movie. He was the perfect show host and Wall Street guy combined, but in the ending he showed a very caring side which made him a more sort of true person, which I really enjoyed. Kyle Budwell was played by Jack O'Connell, an actor I personally really like seeing in movies. He really showed all Kyle his emotions, regrets and thoughts throughout everything. There were a lot of emotions involved with this character and Jack did really great. I also want to take my time to tell how much I enjoyed Lenny Venito his character Lenny and Emily Meade her character Molly (she had a very small part, but it was a very good part). And of course Caitriona Balfe as Diane Lester. I only know her as Claire in the Outlander series, so it was refreshing to see her in something like this. I enjoyed the movie, and would recommend it to people who like these sort of movies. It was a bit lengthy but it's worth the watch. I had a hardtime choosing between 6 or 7 stars but I chose 6, I did enjoy it and it did keep me interested once the action started.

• Mar 04, 2019

I appreciate its effort at trying to add humour to the mix, but it this takes down the movie’s tone at crucial points where you should be finding the whole thing more gripping. It’s not a bad movie, it’s just far from great. Very forgettable overall, yet could have been so much more done differently, it’s a smart concept. All this taken into account ofcourse, Julia Roberts can do no wrong.

• Jan 03, 2019

A high stakes thrill-ride which the cast gleefully go with the ride along. However, I don't want to see Clooney dance again....horrific!

• Dec 09, 2018

Despite a contrived concept, Money Monster is a taut edge-of-your-seat thriller, with good writing and solid direction. Definite thumbs-up!

• Nov 03, 2018

A profound, penetrating window into the depravity and decrepitude of large, top-down, unaccountable financial institutions and multinational corporations